Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Comments & Suggestions Your experience with The Doll Palace and any questions you may have about the site.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Mirela (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default Multiple users using on computer - 03-08-2009, 02:53 AM

I kind of have a unique living situation being that I live in a commune with 150 people, and we dont have our own computers, we have a community house with 3 computers that we can use, but only one is hooked up to the internet.

I know that there are already 2 of us with accounts on here (me and Kiani, although Kiani's never really on here because she's busy with work and stuff) but another girl I live with wants to join. We've had problems before with us being deleted off other places (Gaia and Neopets) because weve had multiple users using the same computer with different accounts, even thoguh we are a bunch of different people.

So I was just checking if this is okay, having 3 users running off the same IP? Because its caused us problems in the past so I wanted the mods to know before she went and made an account.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Kiani (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 03-08-2009, 07:28 AM

Oooh, who Mira?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 03-08-2009, 09:28 AM

I'm going to be frank with you both, I'd warn the new user you're referring to about how the board is run. If they break the rules enough, they will be in serious trouble and may even be banned if they break enough rules. They may ask if they can use your accounts; tell them no. I know that may seem rude, but if they cause enough trouble they can get you both in trouble just because you're using the one computer. Is it possible to hook the other two up to the internet to prevent a problem? I'm just curious.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 03-08-2009, 11:17 AM

It is extremely important that you emphasize the fact that any rule breaking will get you all banned. Because we can't really be certain of the fact that you are different people, we would ban you all if major rule breaking occurred.

Now, this is only in an extreme case. Because you brought this to our attention, we will approach you differently if trouble arises. Its incredibly difficult to get banned in the first place, even temporarily, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about. You should definately avoid major spamming, ignoring warnings, attacking members, and being rude to the staff, which are all offenses that can get you banned quickly. Though bans certainly aren't limited to those things,we tend to hand them out for those offenses most often.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-08-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty View Post
It is extremely important that you emphasize the fact that any rule breaking will get you all banned. Because we can't really be certain of the fact that you are different people, we would ban you all if major rule breaking occurred.
Agreed. As long as you all abide by the rules, there will be no trouble. However, if one person breaks enough rules to end up banned, then you'll all be banned with her. Like Kitty says, people are rarely banned here; only extreme rulebreakers end up forcing us to take that step.

Closed Thread