Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Comments & Suggestions Your experience with The Doll Palace and any questions you may have about the site.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default Colour change? - 03-06-2009, 03:10 PM

Well I'd like the forum colours to change some. not drastically, but just pokes a bit more towards being gender neutral would be nice. Like more blues and purples.

Just a suggestion! Don't eat meee! *Covers head and ducks*

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 03-06-2009, 03:35 PM

New layouts and colour schemes would be great, but there's little chance they'll be implemented anytime soon, considering how inactive support has been. But yeah, I'd also like to see a more neutral colour scheme, and maybe some other themes as well.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 03-06-2009, 03:46 PM

Aaron, way I look at it is that if you want to see a more gender-neutral forum, maybe you could try coming up with a code for one and suggest it to support when you're done with it? Now I don't know how much HTML you know (I know none, myself) but considering how creative you can be with pixeling, you could probably come up with something.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#4 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 03-06-2009, 03:48 PM

*Thinks*

Well I've had this cowgirl-genie doll hanging around for years. XD

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-06-2009, 07:54 PM

I think a purple and silver theme would be nice. The old theme was a bit dull in my opinion, but a blue or purple with silver theme would be more gender neutral. XD

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 03-06-2009, 08:55 PM

Funny how you bring this up since me and Miranda were just grumbling about this in january. I think a blue and silver theme would be nice. Then it won't alienate boys and girls who aren't fond of the pink.

Also, the brightness of the current layout is starting to hurt my eyes. I don't know if its my eyes becoming more sensitive, but I frequently have to remove my glasses to prevent the colours from straining my eyes now(which is a huge problem when trying to read posts).

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#7 (permalink))
Old
SkittlesXRainbow (Offline)
Silent

Rating: Not Rated
Default 03-21-2009, 12:21 PM

i think new layout colors would be a great idea

it could attract more people

The Red text never lies
~ Avi made by me
(#8 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Default 03-21-2009, 05:09 PM

yeah, i think we could up it a little more.

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Saphire_Mist (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Default 03-21-2009, 09:12 PM

Haha,I can't even read the posts with out my glasses! And I'm nearsighted.Anyway I like the idea of purple/blue/silver.It'd look nice.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 04-22-2009, 11:26 AM

If we did change the layout to say blue and silver. Would we still have the same image of the castle and the dolls or would people want something new up there aswell? Just wondering since you are Co-admin Miranda_ are you able to retrive the coded layout some how? I don't know what it looks like for you in the way of being able to edit the forums in any way, but I know from previous forums the admins had power to change it via the editing station that only they are able to access. I am pretty knowledgeable about coding, but getting what everyone wants on here is the different story.

Closed Thread