Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Comments & Suggestions (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/comments-suggestions/)
-   -   Colour change? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/comments-suggestions/20902-colour-change.html)

AaronShadows 03-06-2009 03:10 PM

Colour change?

Well I'd like the forum colours to change some. not drastically, but just pokes a bit more towards being gender neutral would be nice. Like more blues and purples.

Just a suggestion! Don't eat meee! *Covers head and ducks*

Elanorea 03-06-2009 03:35 PM

New layouts and colour schemes would be great, but there's little chance they'll be implemented anytime soon, considering how inactive support has been. But yeah, I'd also like to see a more neutral colour scheme, and maybe some other themes as well.

Silent_Wolf 03-06-2009 03:46 PM

Aaron, way I look at it is that if you want to see a more gender-neutral forum, maybe you could try coming up with a code for one and suggest it to support when you're done with it? Now I don't know how much HTML you know (I know none, myself) but considering how creative you can be with pixeling, you could probably come up with something.

AaronShadows 03-06-2009 03:48 PM

*Thinks*

Well I've had this cowgirl-genie doll hanging around for years. XD

Miranda_ 03-06-2009 07:54 PM

I think a purple and silver theme would be nice. The old theme was a bit dull in my opinion, but a blue or purple with silver theme would be more gender neutral. XD

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 03-06-2009 08:55 PM

Funny how you bring this up since me and Miranda were just grumbling about this in january. I think a blue and silver theme would be nice. Then it won't alienate boys and girls who aren't fond of the pink.

Also, the brightness of the current layout is starting to hurt my eyes. I don't know if its my eyes becoming more sensitive, but I frequently have to remove my glasses to prevent the colours from straining my eyes now(which is a huge problem when trying to read posts).

SkittlesXRainbow 03-21-2009 12:21 PM

i think new layout colors would be a great idea

it could attract more people :D

iluvdolphin6 03-21-2009 05:09 PM

yeah, i think we could up it a little more.

Saphire_Mist 03-21-2009 09:12 PM

Haha,I can't even read the posts with out my glasses! And I'm nearsighted.Anyway I like the idea of purple/blue/silver.It'd look nice.

delly1 04-22-2009 11:26 AM

If we did change the layout to say blue and silver. Would we still have the same image of the castle and the dolls or would people want something new up there aswell? Just wondering since you are Co-admin Miranda_ are you able to retrive the coded layout some how? I don't know what it looks like for you in the way of being able to edit the forums in any way, but I know from previous forums the admins had power to change it via the editing station that only they are able to access. I am pretty knowledgeable about coding, but getting what everyone wants on here is the different story.