Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Comments & Suggestions Your experience with The Doll Palace and any questions you may have about the site.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 03-02-2009, 04:04 AM

I recently had a problem as you know with a certain member for stealing my edited and handrawn items/clothing!
I dollmailed her many times asking her to remove the items & I sent her 3 pictures with all of the things that I wanted deleted from her maker, I am happy to say that it worked out in the end!
Thats not to say that every situation will work out for the best, which is why we need support from TDP officials so that we dont take matters into our own hands and potentially make wrong choices in handling these problems ourselves.
I should be able to display my handrawn dolls/clothing in my maker with the peace of mind that no-body will steal/use them without my permission!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 03-02-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiemum777 View Post
Thats not to say that every situation will work out for the best, which is why we need support from TDP officials so that we dont take matters into our own hands and potentially make wrong choices in handling these problems ourselves.
I should be able to display my handrawn dolls/clothing in my maker with the peace of mind that no-body will steal/use them without my permission!
That's what my main question is really. If it's our stuff are we allowed to tell them what to do with it, I mean to say do we have TDP's support on this issue? And I quite agree, we should have the peace of mind and to have our items on our Personal makers. I know this will never be perfect though unless the other options are added which I hope to goodness they are considered by Support.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 03-02-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Am I allowed to politely request (or tell if necessarry) members who have my edited items to either 1: Move any of my items that they have in their maker to their own catagory with a credit sign in the same catagory? And 2: Ask them to delete my items if they refuse?

Just to note: Any items I'm asking/talking about will be items that I have personally spent time editing/creating. I would never try to claim something that I did not create/edit.
I was asked this question by LancasterPrincess in PM, so I will try right now to answer all of your questions to the best of my ability. I can't state what the site support's stance on this is, but I am assuming it is what I am about to say.

First and foremost, you have every right to demand that makers credit your items in a separate section or that they delete them if they refuse. It is the same with handdrawn dolls or any other piece of artwork. You are allowed to determine the Terms of Use of any of your work and deny usage of it if they fail to comply. This is a copyright issue if the thieves refuse to do anything, so I suggest you point out that they can be pursued by law if they don't comply with your terms.

I suggest you guys put up an item in all sections with handdrawn items, probably a box, with your Terms of Use inside it. Don't just put it in one, put it in all. I also suggest you look at dolling sites(which can be found in the Handdrawn section) and check out their Terms of Use because that is what you want to model yours after. Most sites require credit being given if things from their site is used, like makers, bases, etc and you can require this too.

What you guys need to do is send a PM to support, email her(the email is on her mainsite friend's profile), and send in a helpdesk report and in EACH ONE, send a link to this thread as well as explain the situation. If anyone steals your items, use the "Report Offense" option and explain that these are your handdrawn items that they stole. You have every right to protect them and the site should back you up in your decisions. I know in the past they have removed stolen handdrawn dolls, the same should apply in this case. I can't declare site policy here, but I'm pretty certain what I said is the current policy.

I hope this helped in some way, I know many dollers have the same issues that you do and if you need further help, I will try to help. I'm willing to send out messages and approach users as a representative of the site if they won't listen to you and I can give a list to support of all of the makers which have stolen items, which will make her work much easier in removing them until a change is made.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#14 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Thumbs up 03-02-2009, 05:02 PM

Thank you! This will make everything MUCH easier.

And I'd like to add that I have just added signs in all of my catagories stating that Permission must be granted to take items, and that even then strict guidelines/rules apply.

Thank you! Muah! *runs off*

(#15 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 03-02-2009, 06:32 PM

Yay...Finally some back up for us!...Thankyou so much.
I started putting signs in all of my catagories a long time ago and most people respect that, It is just the odd few that have no respect!
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-02-2009, 08:31 PM

Its no problem. I know its pretty difficult to deal with art theft, even more so on a site where things are going way slower than in the past. I can't guarantee much on my end with convincing any users to stop, but I'll do my best.

(#17 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default I won't go away... - 03-06-2009, 04:49 PM

So I started sending out polite DM's asking people to please take my edited items off their maker and ask permission to take them before putting them back on their maker in a certain catagory. So far there's been no reply and no action taken. What do I do if I KNOW someone is ignoring my request? I've seen them online a few times since I first sent the request so I know they've had a chance to read it...Any suggestions on keeping the matter as friendly as possible, but still getting results?

(#18 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-06-2009, 05:13 PM

There's no way to guarantee action from them, but I can make some suggestions.

First, send them a dollmail. Give them a reasonable amount of time(a few days at most), then if they fail to respond, send them another dollmail and inform them that you are trying to be polite, but if they fail to respond to you and your terms, that you will contact the owner of the site and have them punished for copyright infringement. If at that point they do not respond to that, leave a message on their profile telling them that you tried to be nice, but now you are reporting them for art theft.

(#19 (permalink))
Old
Saphire_Mist (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-21-2009, 09:51 PM

I am not premi,but I so have a suggestion.
Maybe there could be an option "right click on/off"
I've seen this on a few sites and maybe we could fit it into doll makers.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-21-2009, 10:03 PM

Turning right click on/off doesn't do anything since there is the print screen option, which can copy the images anyways.

Closed Thread