Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Comments & Suggestions Your experience with The Doll Palace and any questions you may have about the site.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
strengthofheart (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default tired of the contest section - 01-10-2009, 12:35 PM

I would love to see the doll palace open a non contest area . This area would allow people to come up with a creative doll idea, and allow the users to make and submit dolls just to show...No voting..Frankly, I am tired of all the cheating..When I start a contest...I rate everyone a five to start , just to get an advantage on the low raters..and then I pick winners myself, or have my family choose..We have some excellent doll makers here..but something isnt right..I like coming up with themes , and making dolls according to other peoples ideas, then showing them...but this voting stuff is just opinion, and in my opinion...a waste..because certain people who deserve good ratings,dont get them...and some who dont deserve high ratings..get them. So, an area where we can just view other peoples doll styles , with no voting, would be great. Strengthofheart
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Exclamation 01-10-2009, 01:16 PM

I agree, and/or perhaps a kudos system instead of voting with comments that have to be approved for by the contest keeper with the character limit like Miranda suggested so there's no spamming or whatnot. Something should be done though, cause everyone's getting real tired of the cheaters, backstabers and immature newbs.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-10-2009, 03:26 PM

Not to mention the thieves who only open contests just to steal dolls. -.- I stopped entering contests after seeing a doll that I made and animated entered in another contest by a thief. I PMed the contest starter, but the doll wasn't taken down.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 01-10-2009, 04:03 PM

That's a simple fix that Support can do, just enable no right click in the contest section. Simple non-animated dolls could still be taken, but it's not like those take much time anyway...unless they're handmade but people normally sign those. Anyways, I have a question, will Support read this or do we (or just one?) write to her? I know it'll take a while cause she's never on, and has a life of her own, but to at least be thought over ya know?

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 01-10-2009, 04:26 PM

You could always PM her just once on forums. Don't bombard her with messages, just one simple PM linking her to this thread.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 01-13-2009, 08:30 PM

People steal my dolls all the time, it's nothing new. :\
I too, am getting a bit tired of the contest section. I was viewing a contest that I had made and had entered a few dolls in myself for examples, and they were at 2.5 ratings! In my opinion they were really good, and so were the other entries who got low ratings just like mine. A lot of dollers spend a good chunk of their time making and editing their owns props to use for a contest doll to make them more unique, and they're getting really bad ratings that they don't deserve. It just bothers me how some people feel the need to go on and vote 1 on everything without even a second thought.
The idea of displaying our dolls without ratings is a great idea. That way there's no cheating or anything.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 01-14-2009, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strengthofheart View Post
So, an area where we can just view other peoples doll styles , with no voting, would be great.
I'm afraid I can't do much about the contest section - hopefully support will give it an overhaul - but you can always post your dolls on the forums.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 01-14-2009, 10:48 AM

That's the best thing to do; if the dolls you posted here are stolen and used in someone's av or sig, I can take the doll down and warn the offender. Whereas on the site, only support can deal with stuff like image theft.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 01-14-2009, 05:15 PM

Okay, so I read about the post dolls on the forums part and then tried to locate it in the forums, to no avail.

So can you please tell me where to find an area to host themed galleries? Or are mods only allowed to do that? I saw one a while back with hand drawns, but I (we) like to build dolls. Do I start a new thread and go from there or what?

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 01-14-2009 at 05:16 PM. Reason: My words were jumbled...>_<
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 01-14-2009, 05:17 PM

If your dolls are hand drawns, then start a thread in Hand Drawns to showcase them; otherwise, use In Doll Makers.

If you want to join the contest for Hand Drawns, then find it here: ♪ Handdrawn Contest Thread VI ♪

Check first before joining that the contest owner is accepting entries; and certainly read the first page with the rules.

Closed Thread