Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Comments & Suggestions Your experience with The Doll Palace and any questions you may have about the site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
prin367cess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Unhappy Low ratings on contests - 07-02-2008, 10:14 PM

I've been noticing this the past few days. People are rating all entries in a given contest extremely low, as reflected by the "winner" (highest rating) of the contest being only a 2.33 out of 5. Is anyone else noticing this?

Does this happen in phases or is this a new trend? I'm finding it very disappointing to see myself and other dollers put so much hard work into a doll, only for someone to go through and rate every doll a 1.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 07-03-2008, 05:29 AM

I rate low when people deserve low ratings. I also rate extremely high on people who were voted unfairly.

The thing is that some people are cheaters, some people have nothing better to do but make other people crazy, and most people (like me) are just tough critics.

I'm not saying that it's me voting one's on everyone, but I have been through a few contests in the past where all the entries just were made very poorly. For example they were all put together crooked, or there was too much flashing (I hate flashing dolls that are likely to give someone a siezure ) or if they're thug/s.ex related .

It could be that people are just being mean or cheating, or it could also be that there was something that someone else noticed about the doll that the maker just didn't catch.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
prin367cess (Offline)
Shuni

Default 07-03-2008, 07:59 AM

I can see what you're saying. I also rate low for poorly made entries, I'm not saying we shouldn't.

But there's something wrong when there are 15 entries, some of them very well-made, and the ratings range from 1.75 to 2.78 (taken from a contest I entered).
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-03-2008, 10:26 AM

Sometimes I honestly think there's cheating going on when that happens, maybe some users are having their friends vote low on all contests. I think the people who vote should be logged so the contest owner can see who it is, that way you guys could find out who it is that's rating so low.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#5 (permalink))
Old
prin367cess (Offline)
Shuni

Default 07-03-2008, 01:17 PM

That's what I'm worried about, the possibility of cheating. Finding a solution to curb cheating, on the other hand, is slightly more difficult.

Having votes logged would be helpful. Or if there was a setting to reset the vote, just like we can reset clicks, the contest owner could do that so that cheaters get discouraged.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-03-2008, 01:21 PM

I think it's set so that people can only vote once, I could be wrong though. Would be nice if it was set that way, that way cheating would be nearly impossible unless they make multiple accounts... eek.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm