Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Comments & Suggestions Your experience with The Doll Palace and any questions you may have about the site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-15-2008, 03:25 PM

I personally think that all the sections, like contests and Friends, need to be scrapped and redone. It should be up to the contest owner who wins, not random people, anyway; just like the Handdrawn Contest on forums. The problem is that a lot of the people who abuse the system ARE premi; they are also the ones who make a lot of the dirty dolls and use them in chat; standards can't use their own dolls in chat, so it's pretty obvious it's premis breaking rules. I'm still standing by my "all or nothing" idea; either take votes away from everyone, if people can't play nicely, or let everyone vote.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
WHiTELOvEx (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 6 Votes / 3.67 Average
Send a message via MSN to WHiTELOvEx
Default 09-15-2008, 05:03 PM

i make my own dolls..... i knew a few of my friends who are not like that we're all not like that. people over the age 13 seem to do that alot... not all of them... one of my friends are 13.. ahh confusing! The owner should decide who to pick to win. It's not fair if people vote for themself... it's the same thing in the fashion shows. People don't follow the rules-- end up winning becuse of there "FABULOUS" doll. I hate it when people make a like twin theme, then people put like just 1 doll!! There should be like moderators in and contests and avatar chat and stuff too! jessica needs help.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 09-15-2008, 07:20 PM

If it's ever made to be just the contest owner is allowed to vote, they'll need to make is so that the owner can type the rating. Cause clicking 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 just won't cut it...but like 1-5 with two digit decimals would work.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-16-2008, 06:35 PM

I don't really think voting is necessary,i think the contest owner should just pick who they think should win.For example,just because an effortless doll got a 4.5 and a gorgeous doll with a lot of effort got a 3 shouldn't affect which dolls win,the contest owner should just choose,which some of them do but with others it is a bit unfair.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 09-16-2008, 08:55 PM

I would totally agree with that notion, but I've had bad experiences with lazy contest owners before, lol. I entered a sorry note to a contest owner cause they didn't leave a name to contact and they entered it in the actual contest! I was so mad, and mortified because of the letter context...but anyways. I do averaged rating if I suspect cheating. I let people vote for their dolls, then when the contest ends I add my rating then divide by two. That way my fair rating out rules most cheater's ratings. That and it also discourages cheaters to try the contest or to make themselves win.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-16-2008, 09:33 PM

There's flaws with every idea; however, this one seems to be the best. There's a time limit on each contest, after all, and one would hope that a contest owner would care about who won their contest... maybe that's asking too much? O.o