Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Comments & Suggestions Your experience with The Doll Palace and any questions you may have about the site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 07-03-2008, 10:47 PM

I don't vote for my own entries or for that matter most of the time I don't vote at all, I have my husband do it for me. Yeah, yeah, I know you think he'll be partial to me, but that's just not the case, there have been several cases when I got one-two points lower than other entries and I usually always get lower ratings then Aussiemum. In any case, I wouldn't enjoy contests if you couldn't vote for yourself because frankly a lot of people would just rate low on other people in hopes of some innocent person rating theirs high. There's really no win-win situation not to mention the people who'll want to cheat will just have their friends vote for them and then there's the thing about multiple accounts again .

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-04-2008, 07:05 AM

I remember when I still entered the contests two years ago, I submitted my handdrawns to this contest and the next day when I went to check it, my entry had been rated practically zero and there were a ton of inappropriate dolls in it rated five or more. -___- The contest theme was Handdrawn Halloween, not Halloween s*x please! That really steamed my hide.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
prin367cess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-04-2008, 10:56 AM

I am beginning to realize that there really isn't a great way to solve this dilemma. It's maddening and it's sad, but I guess we all just have to deal with it?
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-04-2008, 02:12 PM

You could always open a site and have contests there; that really is the only way to have fair contests. I stopped entering contests ages ago after someone stole an anime doll I made and entered it in another contest. I'm pretty sure that some people only make contests in order to steal dolls anyway.

(#15 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 08-01-2008, 11:52 AM

The whole 1-5 point system should be scrapped IMO. Make it like most other doll contests are, ie. you can only vote for, not against, and you have only one vote. It should be impossible to vote for yourself, which on TDP is much easier to enforce than on independent sites. Of course there's still the thing with getting friends to vote for you or creating multiple accounts, but there's really no way against that I'm afraid.

(#16 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 08-01-2008, 01:12 PM

I think the rating scale should have more ratings on it... sometimes I give a doll a 3 instead of a 4 because there wasn't any 3.5 and it wasn't amazing just put together well. I also think that there should be an IP rememberer lol, so that even if you have multiple accounts, you couldn't vote more than once....you could always switch computers, but other than school and libraries, who has more than 4 at home?

(#17 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Thumbs down 09-13-2008, 12:27 PM

I usually rate my dolls a 3 or lower,and sometimes a 4 if i worked REALLY hard on it,but i'd never vote myself a 5 just to win.I usually only rate dolls a 1 if they have been stolen from me or another user,which is usually quite clear.Over the last 2 days,i have noticed about 6 of MY dolls entered in contests by other users,and some even have been signed by them,meaning that they are trying to claim it as their own,which is pretty maddening.Especially when you put your time and effort into making a doll,just to have it stolen bye someone who can't seem to understand what the dollmakers are for. -.-
I think right click should be disabled from the contests section.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
prin367cess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-13-2008, 03:55 PM

I had issues with a certain user stealing my dolls about 4 years ago, which is why I had left the site for awhile. So I understand how that feels. Disabling right click on the contest section certainly would prevent users from stealing animated dolls. I never thought about it, but it is a great idea!
(#19 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 09-13-2008, 06:51 PM

Disabling right click would work for all animated dolls, but people can still just screen shot images.

Anyways, I think the rating system should be swapped for something better and cheat proof...like only premium members can vote, cause who would want to pay $22 per account just to cheat? The only problem with that is households with multiple premium users. That could also help Jessica out because people might be more inclined to get membership. Or they could make it to where only people who have entered the contest can vote. That would make it less easier for people to be mean (the ones who just skim through contests rating everything 1's). I still think there should be a moderator in the contest section...or moderators since there's so many contests.

(#20 (permalink))
Old
WHiTELOvEx (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 6 Votes / 3.67 Average
Send a message via MSN to WHiTELOvEx
Default 09-13-2008, 07:21 PM

Yes but not all people have snipping tool,etc. I have a laptop on my other computer i had snipping tool, but now i don't... but you could download it...