Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty Tips Post your beauty secrets... free beauty tips: hair care, skin care, makeup, lips, cosmetics, hairstyles, eyebrows, nails etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Shaving Cream: What do you use? - 06-15-2012, 12:28 AM

So, I've heard it said that it's actually better to use men's shaving cream because it costs less and comes in a bigger bottle and, aside from scent, is really no different than women's. At the moment, I'm broke and jobless so I can't afford to buy any, but I've been using shampoo as a substitute. I've heard conditioner could work, too. What do you girls think? Do you have any money-saving shaving cream workarounds or substitutes that you favor?

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-17-2012, 10:52 PM

I know I used conditioner in the past, and it totally works!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 06-18-2012, 11:48 AM

I just shave creamless in the shower. =P

Although I tend to sometimes miss bits in the shower, so I go over them again later, also creamless. I have pretty hardy legs, but I always use lotion before and after I'm done.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-17-2012, 07:17 AM

I generally use shave gel, but hair conditioner totally works if you don't have any or can't afford to buy it. Shaving dry will make your legs look awful as a general rule and you should always moisturise after.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-23-2012, 08:12 PM

My boyfriend and I share a can of barbasol to be honest. Works just as well and honestly, I think it works better for me; I miss less often with barbasol and more often with lady shaving cream. >.<

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm