Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Beauty Tips (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/beauty-tips/)
-   -   Strangest Hair Color? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/beauty-tips/22411-strangest-hair-color.html)

NotYourPrincess 06-09-2010 02:59 PM

Strangest Hair Color?

So, what's the weirdest hair color you've ever been?

For me it was probably an orange color I put in my hair. I ended up not liking it very much. :/ It washed my face out way to much!

And then I was blue for a little while...but that faded to green. So far my favorite is purple! It fades to a pretty color at least. p=

I just dyed it yesterday.

What sort of dye do you guys use? I use Manic Panic. It seems to last a little longer than the other ones.

Miranda_ 06-09-2010 03:20 PM

I've dyed my hair practically every colour you could think of, cept for orange or yellow. I think the weirdest was when I had it dyed emerald green one side, and magenta pink the other. When I was dying my hair, I used Stargazer. I used to change my hair colour all the time. Now I just stick with red and blonde. XD

Silent_Wolf 06-09-2010 03:27 PM

I've spray-dyed my hair; never again, it came off the same night because it was raining so hard. :lol: My brother's dyed his hair red and blue so far; he's looking to do purple next. Darn him and his awesomely soft hair. Why do guys have all the luck? :lol:

KiraIMustBeInvisible 06-09-2010 03:41 PM

I've never dyed my hair, but my sister sure has :] One time she was trying to dye it red and she had her friend do it for her (I think they were juniors because she had her liscence taken with it...that or they were sophomores and she had her permit with it....doesn't really matter) which wasn't very smart. It ended up fading really fast into this blondey pink color(her natural color is a mousey brown). We called her Strawberry Shortcake for weeks! :lol:

My cousin also tends to do weird stuff with her hair. The natural color is a dirty blonde, but in her senior year she dyed it black. It's still black now and she chopped it off into a really cute, short A-Line style. One time she was trying to dye it blue, but she mixed black in with the electric blue she picked out. It came out looking black until she went into the sun, and it had blue highlights in it. Last time I saw her she had tried to dye parts of it dark purple but it came out hot pink. It looked really cool but she eventually dyed it all black again.

I don't intend to dye my hair anything drastically different. Right now I have a lot of highlights, and the under part of my hair is a dark reddish brown.

sentimental7 06-09-2010 03:51 PM

Wow, that is a really nice purple! What was the exact color name for it? (I want to dye my hair purple sometime, too.) ;D (Your eye makeup is gorgeous as well. ♥)

Hmm, I have not dyed my hair too many odd colors yet, but I plan on experimenting more often. ^^ I suppose for me, the weirdest hair color I have had is my current, which is a magenta type color.. Cannot remember what brand it was, but it was too messy.. Never. Again. I should have stuck with Manic Panic. XD There are some other good brands, too.

I have really been wanting to dye my hair a teal color.. but have not found a good dye with such color yet.. =/ I also want to do something that Jrockers do.. such pretty hairs. ♥ Otherwise, in between, I tend to dye my hair blue-black.. (Some colorful dyes can be used on black hair, too.)

Miranda, those are such cute colors together.. > 3 <

teamjacobrulestheschool 06-09-2010 06:07 PM

my freind has a weird mix.b4 her hair wasw died red.but know she had it bleached and made it a reddish brown,and her roots are blonde,when i first met her she had jet black hair.

NotYourPrincess 06-09-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentimental7 (Post 910911)
Wow, that is a really nice purple! What was the exact color name for it? (I want to dye my hair purple sometime, too.) ;D (Your eye makeup is gorgeous as well. ♥)

Hmm, I have not dyed my hair too many odd colors yet, but I plan on experimenting more often. ^^ I suppose for me, the weirdest hair color I have had is my current, which is a magenta type color.. Cannot remember what brand it was, but it was too messy.. Never. Again. I should have stuck with Manic Panic. XD There are some other good brands, too.

I have really been wanting to dye my hair a teal color.. but have not found a good dye with such color yet.. =/ I also want to do something that Jrockers do.. such pretty hairs. ♥ Otherwise, in between, I tend to dye my hair blue-black.. (Some colorful dyes can be used on black hair, too.)

Miranda, those are such cute colors together.. > 3 <

I used Manic Panic Ultra Violet.

They also make a color called Atomic Turquoise, wich is really close to teal! It's a very beautiful color. You should look into it.
Though, you'll probably have to lift some of the black out of your hair for it to show up really good.

And if you put heat to your hair while the dye is processing, it makes it more vibrant!

jellydino 06-16-2010 05:22 AM

My gold foils. Ugh. They were on both sides of my hair and the front. Not the back. They are just at the tips now. I saw them as revolting. NEVER doing them again!

PERFUMEx 06-16-2010 05:51 PM

Green hair dye, is the strangest.

Aihana_ 06-16-2010 11:45 PM

I don't dye my hair a lot...well acutally that's a lot, I used to never dye my hair but I have twice now. First time was just a brownish red and this time was a dark auburn. I need to dye my hair again soon and I plan to go really, really red. I'm excited. i love dying my hair :)