Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty Tips Post your beauty secrets... free beauty tips: hair care, skin care, makeup, lips, cosmetics, hairstyles, eyebrows, nails etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
lizard_eye (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default tips for bleaching hair - 05-29-2010, 07:31 PM

so i have naturally dark brown hair and I want to bleach it but i cant afford a salon. any tips on self-bleaching with out the whole nasty orange color?

Hey baby can you bleed like me?
av: meGGie (she's amazing)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 05-29-2010, 11:58 PM

Go to Sally's. Ask for Manic Panic White Lightening.

You may need two, depending on how thick/long your hair is.

You follow the directions...

But you MUST keep an eye on your hair for any breakage. Your hair being natural, it should lift fairly easy.
Then you put the toner in, and be sure to use lots of moisturizers afterwards.

Sally's has a great one called Queen Helenes Cholesterol Treatment.

If you want to keep your hair blond, and not turn yellowish, be sure to use a violet colored shampoo. p=

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
KaraKupkakex (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 2.60 Average
Send a message via MSN to KaraKupkakex
Default 05-30-2010, 12:00 AM

pretty much what she said , but my sister is bleaching her hair now ,with Manic panic lightning kit , it does work really good ,just dont use it to much in a week as in result ,dead hair .

Yoh
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Shuni

Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 05-30-2010, 12:03 AM

Yep. You should only bleach your hair every two weeks...and I wouldn't even do that. Once a month should be just fine if you're worried about roots.

The toner is what gets the yellow out, btw. p=

And if you're afraid that you didn't cover all of your hair, do a hair cap. Wich is basically just where you put some water in your hair, and shampoo with the dye still in...and just make sure it gets covered and let it sit.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-30-2010, 08:29 AM

Personally, I always let my hairdresser do bleaching; there are so many things that could go wrong, and if that happens, they have to pay to get it fixed. I don't have all my hair bleached, just two streaks in front.

You should use a shampoo that's specially formulated to use on bleached hair, and definitely conditioner, too. Don't over style or straighten your hair, either; bleached hair is more porus and prone to breakage. If you continually use straighteners or styling tongs on bleached hair, then you risk having it break off. You should also get your hair trimmed every six weeks to prevent split ends.

I used to have my hair highlighted and dyed blue in front; the bleach meant that the dye took easier. If you have dark hair and want to dye your hair interesting colours, it helps to bleach it first. But make sure you use a vegetable based dye, so as to be kinder to your hair.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
lizard_eye (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-30-2010, 11:32 PM

thanks so much for ur help guys! i'm just afraid of yellow hair..../:

Hey baby can you bleed like me?
av: meGGie (she's amazing)
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Shuni

Default 06-02-2010, 09:21 PM

Just use a toner, like I said and it will take the brassiness right out!

(#8 (permalink))
Old
muffinsaysrawrz (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: Not Rated
Send a message via AIM to muffinsaysrawrz
Default 06-17-2010, 02:06 AM

Personally I would just go into Sally's and ask them what they think would be the best bleaching kit for you. I know from expirence and bleaching dyed black hair, bleaching it once doesn't always work. Also if it does turn a brassy color just go back into Sally's and ask one of the girls what would help. They are really helpful even if they sometimes aren't very friendly.

Siggy (right doll) by:
Xx_isolated_heart_xX
Avvie by:
Me
Left doll made by:
Me