Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Beauty Tips (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/beauty-tips/)
-   -   tips for bleaching hair (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/beauty-tips/22352-tips-bleaching-hair.html)

lizard_eye 05-29-2010 06:31 PM

tips for bleaching hair

so i have naturally dark brown hair and I want to bleach it but i cant afford a salon. any tips on self-bleaching with out the whole nasty orange color?

NotYourPrincess 05-29-2010 10:58 PM

Go to Sally's. Ask for Manic Panic White Lightening.

You may need two, depending on how thick/long your hair is.

You follow the directions...

But you MUST keep an eye on your hair for any breakage. Your hair being natural, it should lift fairly easy.
Then you put the toner in, and be sure to use lots of moisturizers afterwards.

Sally's has a great one called Queen Helenes Cholesterol Treatment.

If you want to keep your hair blond, and not turn yellowish, be sure to use a violet colored shampoo. p=

KaraKupkakex 05-29-2010 11:00 PM

pretty much what she said , but my sister is bleaching her hair now ,with Manic panic lightning kit , it does work really good ,just dont use it to much in a week as in result ,dead hair .

NotYourPrincess 05-29-2010 11:03 PM

Yep. You should only bleach your hair every two weeks...and I wouldn't even do that. Once a month should be just fine if you're worried about roots.

The toner is what gets the yellow out, btw. p=

And if you're afraid that you didn't cover all of your hair, do a hair cap. Wich is basically just where you put some water in your hair, and shampoo with the dye still in...and just make sure it gets covered and let it sit.

Miranda_ 05-30-2010 07:29 AM

Personally, I always let my hairdresser do bleaching; there are so many things that could go wrong, and if that happens, they have to pay to get it fixed. I don't have all my hair bleached, just two streaks in front.

You should use a shampoo that's specially formulated to use on bleached hair, and definitely conditioner, too. Don't over style or straighten your hair, either; bleached hair is more porus and prone to breakage. If you continually use straighteners or styling tongs on bleached hair, then you risk having it break off. You should also get your hair trimmed every six weeks to prevent split ends.

I used to have my hair highlighted and dyed blue in front; the bleach meant that the dye took easier. If you have dark hair and want to dye your hair interesting colours, it helps to bleach it first. But make sure you use a vegetable based dye, so as to be kinder to your hair.

lizard_eye 05-30-2010 10:32 PM

thanks so much for ur help guys! i'm just afraid of yellow hair..../:

NotYourPrincess 06-02-2010 08:21 PM

Just use a toner, like I said and it will take the brassiness right out!

muffinsaysrawrz 06-17-2010 01:06 AM

Personally I would just go into Sally's and ask them what they think would be the best bleaching kit for you. I know from expirence and bleaching dyed black hair, bleaching it once doesn't always work. Also if it does turn a brassy color just go back into Sally's and ask one of the girls what would help. They are really helpful even if they sometimes aren't very friendly.