Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty Tips Post your beauty secrets... free beauty tips: hair care, skin care, makeup, lips, cosmetics, hairstyles, eyebrows, nails etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default Natural Beauty Tips - 07-17-2009, 02:20 PM

Last night when I was cleaning my room I found a book that I got a while ago (The Girls Book: How To Be The Best At Everything) and it had some natural beauty tips in it that I thought some of you guys might be interested in.
You can use ingredients you'll find in the fridge and kitchen cupboards to get fresh and healthy-looking skin and hair.
  • Exfoliate: Mix together 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt, 1 drizzle of honey, and 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar. Rub the mixture gently over your face to exfoliate (get rid of dead skin) and leave your skin glowing. Rinse well.
  • Face Mask: If you have dry skin, mash up a quarter of an avocado with 2 tablespoons of honey. Spread it over your face (avoiding your eyes) and leave for about 15 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
  • Eyes: To get rid of dark circles around your eyes, cut a fresh fig in half and place the halves over your eyes for 15 minutes, while lying on your bed and relaxing. For tired eyes, enjoy the cooling effect of two slices of cucumber placed over your eyes. To soothe your eyes, soak cotton pads in rose water, milk, or aloe vera juice and place over your lids.
  • Condition: For smooth, silky hair, beat an egg yolk in a bowl, then mix in a teaspoon of olive oil, drip by drip. Add a cup of warm water. After shampooing, spread the mixture evenly over your hair and leave for a few minutes before rinsing it off.
  • Lip Gloss: 1. Put a tablespoon of petroleum jelly in a microwaveable container. Heat it on low for 30 seconds to soften it. 2. Place a teaspoon of hot water into a bowl. Add some raspberry-or strawberry- flavoured powdered drink mix a tiny amount at a time, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick. 3. Add the coloured water to the petroleum jelly one drop at a time, until you get the colour you want. 4. Pour your mixture into a small, clean cup and allow it to cool.
Tip: Don't use any foods that you are allergic to.
If anyone has any other natural beauty tips they would like to add, feel free to. ^^
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!