Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Beauty Tips (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/beauty-tips/)
-   -   Natural Beauty Tips (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/beauty-tips/21442-natural-beauty-tips.html)

Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX 07-17-2009 01:20 PM

Natural Beauty Tips

Last night when I was cleaning my room I found a book that I got a while ago (The Girls Book: How To Be The Best At Everything) and it had some natural beauty tips in it that I thought some of you guys might be interested in.
You can use ingredients you'll find in the fridge and kitchen cupboards to get fresh and healthy-looking skin and hair.
  • Exfoliate: Mix together 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt, 1 drizzle of honey, and 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar. Rub the mixture gently over your face to exfoliate (get rid of dead skin) and leave your skin glowing. Rinse well.
  • Face Mask: If you have dry skin, mash up a quarter of an avocado with 2 tablespoons of honey. Spread it over your face (avoiding your eyes) and leave for about 15 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
  • Eyes: To get rid of dark circles around your eyes, cut a fresh fig in half and place the halves over your eyes for 15 minutes, while lying on your bed and relaxing. For tired eyes, enjoy the cooling effect of two slices of cucumber placed over your eyes. To soothe your eyes, soak cotton pads in rose water, milk, or aloe vera juice and place over your lids.
  • Condition: For smooth, silky hair, beat an egg yolk in a bowl, then mix in a teaspoon of olive oil, drip by drip. Add a cup of warm water. After shampooing, spread the mixture evenly over your hair and leave for a few minutes before rinsing it off.
  • Lip Gloss: 1. Put a tablespoon of petroleum jelly in a microwaveable container. Heat it on low for 30 seconds to soften it. 2. Place a teaspoon of hot water into a bowl. Add some raspberry-or strawberry- flavoured powdered drink mix a tiny amount at a time, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick. 3. Add the coloured water to the petroleum jelly one drop at a time, until you get the colour you want. 4. Pour your mixture into a small, clean cup and allow it to cool.
Tip: Don't use any foods that you are allergic to.
If anyone has any other natural beauty tips they would like to add, feel free to. ^^

Aihana_ 07-17-2009 02:29 PM

Other remedies I know of and/or use:
Eyes:
- Stick two spoons in the freezer over night and put them on your eyes in the morning.
- Use a used tea bag drained of any remaining liquid and put them on your eyes.
Moisturizer:
- Use Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Evoo). Apply a few drops to your hands and distribute evenly on face. Don't use too much or it will get over oily. The oil should soak in.
Exfoliate:
- Put 1/4 cup of milk (or less) in a bowl and warm for about 15 seconds. Add some sugar after you let sit for a few moments so the sugar doesn't dissolve. Apply to face and scrub. Rinse.
Condition:
- Distribute a small amount of mayonnaise evenly through hair BEFORE showering. Get a shower cap (A bag works too) And put over hair and let sit for 30 minutes. Rinse. Shampoo and condition as normal.
- Microwave a fair amount (about a palm full) of Evoo in a bowl with a small amount of honey (ratio should be 2:1). Stir, and make sure both contents are well incorporated. Let cool for a few moments until it's still warm. Apply to hair and let sit for 30 minutes. Rinse. Shampoo and condition as normal.
Nails:
- For stained nails from dark coloured nailpolish, make a paste out of toothpaste, baking soda and water. Take an old toothbrush (One you are NOT going to use in your mouth after) and scrub mixture over nails. Wash and pat dry.

savvysweetie 12-11-2009 11:12 PM

pretty cool (-.-)

i love natural beauty tips so thanks for posting even tho lol i love make up and clothes and all that good stuff i pretty much know most of this, but, i never heard about the lipgloss stuff, so yeah :]