Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty Tips Post your beauty secrets... free beauty tips: hair care, skin care, makeup, lips, cosmetics, hairstyles, eyebrows, nails etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#71 (permalink))
Old
jellydino (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 1 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 06-23-2010, 05:13 AM

My mum hates thinned hair but I got it done

I, make dollz.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#72 (permalink))
Old
orangedino67 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-16-2010, 12:54 AM

I really dont like scene hair. I would never dye my hair pink or blue, but thats just because brown goes along with everything. The way they fry their hair is so incredibly bad, and when you get coontails or rainbow, stripes, whatever dyed into it, your hairs gonna get so thinned out it looks unreal. And when you hit your 30's and 40's you'll regret it. I've only dyedmy hair once and that was a minor streak in the front. My hair is already thin from when I was born but the blonde streak, well, you can feel the difference, so right now im growing it out.

Avi&Siggy by xxMeggieMaggot

tumblr.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#73 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Online)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-16-2010, 06:56 PM

It's not the dying that does that damage; it's the heat treatments and constant styling of the hair without a break that does the damage to the hair. Frying your hair, bleaching and tonging it along with never giving it a rest will eventually cause your hair to go brittle and break off. Not a very good look.

(#74 (permalink))
Old
KaraKupkakex (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 2.60 Average
Send a message via MSN to KaraKupkakex
Default 07-16-2010, 07:52 PM

SCENE HAIR IS GROSS.. if people think sticky and knotty hair is nice.. thats just BLEH.

Yoh
(#75 (permalink))
Old
jellylimo3630 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-02-2010, 03:31 AM

I like the hairstyle but I don't think I'll get that cut , having to constantly dye and straighten my hair is seriously damaging , besides I don't think it would look good on me , The closest I got was teasing the front part of my hair to get that pump at the front.
If I find hair extensions in those colors and styles though I may buy one or two even though I doubt mom will let me XD.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Cupid's arrow is heading for you
(#76 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 10-05-2010, 01:18 AM

I've been thinking about this and I thought I'd ask those folks who still like the scene hair business.

Now, I know that using hair dye has been popular, but has anyone considered or done coloured hair extensions (clip on or otherwise) instead? I'm wondering since I recently had a pink hair extension put in for breast cancer awareness, and have been thinking about purchasing some clip in hair extensions.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#77 (permalink))
Old
fabulous_doller24 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Default 10-06-2010, 06:03 PM

Clip in Extensions aren't just for scene hair, it's for hair in general. Go ahead, I've done it before. I hate scene hair, it ruined my hair back in '08.
I got it done by some crappy hair dresser with shortish long at the front, short at the back and it *****ed up my hair. I had to go to my now hairdresser and have a lot of it cut and layered so I had a chin length "emo" hair look. I hate that look, I should of stayed with my long flowing. But its all long again now,
Don't experiment people...it could RUIN you.

(#78 (permalink))
Old
xxMeggieMaggot (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Default 11-12-2010, 03:31 AM

I like a less dramatic look,
more kinda retro I guess, like a bouffant and a flower.
I dont really know, cos I love teasing my hair, and I've never dyed it.

blue_tornado ♥