Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty Tips Post your beauty secrets... free beauty tips: hair care, skin care, makeup, lips, cosmetics, hairstyles, eyebrows, nails etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#61 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-12-2009, 05:50 PM

Claire's is amazing, and it's not only for English o_o;;
Claire's started in Texas, and it's quite everywhere ^_^ I do love it.

No, it depends - I've dyed my hair and I think you've seen it - it doesn't look fake hair, because it's not pink to the extent of Amy.

Pink to the extent of Amy - hot, hot, freaking pink.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#62 (permalink))
Old
x_____x (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-30-2009, 05:14 PM

I think that scene hair is okay. I mean, I used to think it was drop dead gorgeous, because not many people had it and it was unique and original, but now it's just like .. everyone has it ! I really hate it when I'm on the bus or on the train and I see 10 - 12 year olds sporting what they probably think is a "scene cut". I also think it's weird how I go on YouTube and occasionally see How To's on scene hair in my "Recommended For You" box, and I should add that when you type in "how to get scene hair", there's sooo many tutorials that it's really scary. o_o

I think that it looks really pretty on some people though. Some people have the perfect face shape for it, and it looks beautiful on them .. on other people it looks like a badly done desperate attempt at it. I've seen girls with disgusting wet patches of what looked to be either hairspray or hair gel in their hair. I've also seen girls with really bad teasing .. I saw this girl who had one side teased and the other side was just normal. It looked really bad. And then there's always the ones with the "nest" on their head, or in other words, too much teasing.

I think that coon tails and extensions look really nice in scene hair, too. [: And putting one or two bows in doesn't hurt either, just don't over do it. Well yeah, I'm just rambling so .. yeah, I guess that's all I have to say. xD.

, ana(:
credits go to KaraKupcakex for my gorgeous avatar !(:
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#63 (permalink))
Old
KaraKupkakex (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 2.60 Average
Send a message via MSN to KaraKupkakex
Default 04-13-2010, 08:49 PM

Well,i hate labeling,but 'scene' hair is just ridicolous ...
I mean i do tease my hair,but its not all Big and spiky,
its just to add volume.. and plus my hair looks funny flat.. cuz im so
used to teased .

I loveee claires too,But the store we have at the mall where i live,Its TINY x.x
not much stuff.. its terrible,i hate this city i live in xD

Yoh
(#64 (permalink))
Old
jellydino (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 1 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 05-27-2010, 08:13 PM

I have it but I don't tease it all the time. Ew. I leave it all straightened. I'm not a poser so I don't call it that nor do I wear bows.

I, make dollz.
(#65 (permalink))
Old
muffinsaysrawrz (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: Not Rated
Send a message via AIM to muffinsaysrawrz
Default 06-17-2010, 02:32 AM

You know to when you say "scene" hair theres a lot of different styles now. Its not just giant monstrosities of teased up hair. It really all depends on the length and cut of the hair. And really its only called scene because a bunch of girls that were labeled "scene/emo" started styling their hair that way. It's really just teasing your hair and a lot of people do it but they don't get pointed out because they don't dress up like a lot of the "scene" kids do. Personally I've rocked the look and then cut all my hair off and rocked the short "emo" look and now apparently my hair ressembles Justin Beiber's but yeah I don't have a bowl cut. Also its pretty awesome that they can have the guts to walk around in public with neon pink or blue hair. I'd like to see a lot of people dye their hair pink and flaunt it without feeling self consicious.

Siggy (right doll) by:
Xx_isolated_heart_xX
Avvie by:
Me
Left doll made by:
Me
(#66 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 06-17-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinsaysrawrz View Post
You know to when you say "scene" hair theres a lot of different styles now. Its not just giant monstrosities of teased up hair. It really all depends on the length and cut of the hair. And really its only called scene because a bunch of girls that were labeled "scene/emo" started styling their hair that way. It's really just teasing your hair and a lot of people do it but they don't get pointed out because they don't dress up like a lot of the "scene" kids do. Personally I've rocked the look and then cut all my hair off and rocked the short "emo" look and now apparently my hair ressembles Justin Beiber's but yeah I don't have a bowl cut. Also its pretty awesome that they can have the guts to walk around in public with neon pink or blue hair. I'd like to see a lot of people dye their hair pink and flaunt it without feeling self consicious.

Lol. It's easy. I know a lot of people that have dyed their hair strange colors and enjoy the attention is causes.

I have purple hair and don't feel the least bit self conscious.

I don't really think it takes guts to dress the way you like to. Or style your hair the way you like to. Having different colored hair isn't necessarily thought of as stupid or lame.

Now. If they shaved their head, then I'd say they had guts. p=

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

(#67 (permalink))
Old
Bonita

Default 06-17-2010, 03:59 PM

For some people its easy but anyone who doesn't dress like that or wear their hair like that would be totally out of their comfort zone and they are usually the ones that have such a problem witht the style.

for me its no big deal cuz I've dyed my hair every color of the rainbow and I could care less what people think but I'm pretty sure it has to do with personalities to because the preppy girls really seem to have an issue with it.

Siggy (right doll) by:
Xx_isolated_heart_xX
Avvie by:
Me
Left doll made by:
Me
(#68 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-17-2010, 04:27 PM

My hair right now is dyed bright red with blonde bits in front. A collegue of mine has brown hair with purple streaks. It's hardly unusual to have weirdly coloured hair, so I doubt that many people give us a second glance.

Also, so called scene hair is NOT original in the slightest. As I said earlier on in the thread, it's copied from 80s hair. People teased and fluffed their hair up with mousse, added glitter, dyed their hair weird colours and styled it in strange ways. Sound familiar?

(#69 (permalink))
Old
Bonita

Default 06-17-2010, 11:41 PM

Very my grandma told was talking about how girls are very unoriginal these days because they can't find a new fashion.

Siggy (right doll) by:
Xx_isolated_heart_xX
Avvie by:
Me
Left doll made by:
Me
(#70 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-20-2010, 12:34 AM

Now I don't like it so much. I think it just depends on who's styling their hair that way. On some people it looks great, on others...not so much. I used to love how it was different and almost no one had it, but now when I go to the mall I see about 10-15 teenagers with that style. It bugs the tar out of me because most of the time it looks greasy and matted. Like a big rat's nest. Sooo not attractive.

Also, if my mom ever saw me with hair like that she'd wring my neck @~@ She hates the style, and the crummy part is I want to get my hair cut in the scene style, but I don't really want to tease it, but my hair stylist says no because apparently it would make my hair look to thin, but I know that the real reason is because she knows my mom hates it. >.<

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."