Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty Tips Post your beauty secrets... free beauty tips: hair care, skin care, makeup, lips, cosmetics, hairstyles, eyebrows, nails etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#51 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 09-11-2009, 09:07 PM

Yeah. I have a lot of friends that dress in a certain way, with a certain style, but are nothing like that label at all. I have friends that dress in all black, with ripped jeans, messy coloured hair, striped ties, chains, piercings, etc. but are actually very bubbly, happy, and funny. It's their style, it's not who they are. People may see them as goth, but they are nothing like that. Like Kitty said, it's all just a style. It doesn't define who you are at all.

Bleh, I actually am really starting to not like the Scene style at all. It's like a crummy mix of multiple other things, and it's all a stupid fad. Most of the people with the scene style are all just conformists trying to keep up with the new "trend".

I actually saw someone with the style a couple days ago, on the city bus back from work (I had to bus, because my family just has one car, and my mom wouldn't let me take it. xD). It really wasn't all that great. It was too fake looking, IMO. >.>

I just dress for myself, not to fit in. I don't follow any fashion trends - except maybe dressing for comfort. I have a style, but it's so simple, it has no official name. XD I do have an incredibly good taste in clothes, though.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#52 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-11-2009, 09:34 PM

xD I like scene clothing, but I don't go against people who are annoyed about it. It's fake when you do it wrong, I like subtler clothes and although I used to be very obsessed with scene itself, I've moved on to g-lol o_o;
I still love the hair, though. I don't think that this is based on people's personality. Just go as you flow, if you like the clothes then wear it. =_=
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#53 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 09-11-2009, 09:36 PM

I would know, us elementary school kids DO know about this "emo" bug thats going around; my friend who dresses a bit like she wants to and has short black hair is labeled as "emo". It disgusts me.

Scene hair looks really trashy to me; mabye I'm thinking of that Hayley Williams girl from Paramore's hair. -.- The neon always throws me off everytime I look at her hair. I guess I really don't like neon colors in general; I like more of a natural look. "Coon" tails also disgust me; they look really fried and it makes me wonder how daring people are to dye, bleach, and fry their hair to keep something that will just go out of style.

Last edited by Catlover642 : 12-13-2009 at 10:18 PM.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 09-11-2009, 09:37 PM

o_o hair grows out.
I found this nice store, named Sally's hair (something) and it seems like a really nice place to shop ^_^
Like I said, if you're scared of crapping up your hair - try extensions! They're usuable not only for Scene hairdos but others as well, and if you just feel like it you can clip one in anyday if it matches with your outfit, and it's really cute. <3
(#55 (permalink))
Old
CherryCherryBoomBoom__ (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-12-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirmali View Post
o_o hair grows out.
I found this nice store, named Sally's hair (something) and it seems like a really nice place to shop ^_^
Like I said, if you're scared of crapping up your hair - try extensions! They're usuable not only for Scene hairdos but others as well, and if you just feel like it you can clip one in anyday if it matches with your outfit, and it's really cute. <3

Sally Beauty Supply?

(#56 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 09-12-2009, 01:19 PM

Yess, Sally Beauty Supply ^_^ Thank you. XD I couldn't remember it's name, just Sally something.
(#57 (permalink))
Old
Shuni

Default 09-12-2009, 01:36 PM

hehe you're welcome. i practicly live there

(#58 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-12-2009, 02:25 PM

If you're English, Clare's also has hair extentions and stuff, for very cheap prices, as mentioned before. XD I shop there all the time; there's loads of really cute stuff there.

I dress for myself; if I see an item of clothing I like, I'll get it. My style is a mix of vintage, high street, punk and goth; it's very me. ^^

(#59 (permalink))
Old
Shuni

Default 09-12-2009, 03:54 PM

that souds like a really pretty style, Miranda!

~~

you can also go to here and get either clip in extension, or wefts of hair to make your own. they also have a "scenester" backcombing brush I gat all my Kanekalon hair there for dreads

(#60 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 09-12-2009, 04:05 PM

Wait, do you mean Claire's? The kids botique? I love shopping thier; I love the earrings they have there.

I think I'm not really ever going to dye my hair; I think that I would look horrible in any other color besides blonde. Scene hair looks too over the top and fake for me and I usually just pick whatever I think is cute and go.