Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty Tips Post your beauty secrets... free beauty tips: hair care, skin care, makeup, lips, cosmetics, hairstyles, eyebrows, nails etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 09-02-2009, 03:18 PM

I agree with CherryCherryBoomBoom; personally, I think that having flat burned hair and horrible make up looks horrible. Its usually overdyed, and looks like a rat's nest.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-02-2009, 03:22 PM

If you want dreads, buy fake ones that can match your hair and clip them in. Less hair damage I guess?

I don't really consider dreads as a scene thing; they look more raver-ish to me. XD

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-02-2009, 04:36 PM

My opinion is that yes, it does destroy hair, but it is still beautiful when you do it right. XD

Last edited by Miranda_ : 09-03-2009 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Clean up
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 09-02-2009, 05:18 PM

Personally, I don't think it looks beautiful. It looks over dyed, neon color hair looks disgusting to me, and over the top. In other words trashy. I have a feeling that these people are just doing it to seem cool or whatever...

(#35 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 09-02-2009, 05:26 PM

Not all types of Scene hair are neon, and if you blend it in well enough it barely even looks like that. They're not, I deeply resent that, they only do it because they think it looks beautiful and there are some people who do think it is. I have friends who do it because they just like how it looks. o_o;;
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 09-02-2009, 05:48 PM

I don't like scene hair. Then again, I am one of those people who is all for not dying hair and tossing tons of products in it because it destroys it. It is incredibly difficult to get your hair back to its normal state afterwards without just shearing it all off and I'm certain the majority of these scene kids will go on to regret doing this to their hair when they realize its limp and brittle and they'll have to cut it all off to get it into good shape again. Its possibly the worst hairstyle I've ever seen anyways and I think it looks atrocious on everyone. I have never once seen it in a way that I think is cute.

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Miranda_ : 09-03-2009 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Clean up
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-02-2009, 05:50 PM

I personally just see it as being a rehash of 80s hair; and just to make the point, a lot of people who used to iron, bleach and dye their hair to death back then still have hair. Just as some who didn't do all that lost theirs; hair loss is a question of genetics; you'd have to do something pretty dire to your hair, like pull it all out by the roots, to stop it growing. O_o

I've dyed my hair since I was at school, cuz I hate my natural hair colour. I also make sure that I condition it and treat it well. The mistake that a lot of kids make is to straighten, bleach and heat treat their hair without giving it a break every so often and using a decent conditioner. Even then, their hair is more likely to just break off than fall out. A collegue's daughter had that happen to her cuz she kept on with the straighteners on her bleached hair. She had to have her waist length hair cut short cuz she basically wrecked it with the straighteners. -.-

Last edited by Miranda_ : 09-03-2009 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Clean up
(#38 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 09-02-2009, 06:03 PM

Anyway, xD, I don't like Scene hair like this. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...cenehair77.jpg
It's a little too neon for me, if you get what I mean o.o It looks more like a wig.

But if you work with it, layer it, and like...

..I am SOO tempted to say "shade it" which is totally contradictory to hair.

But it's sort of expensive and is a waste of money to dye your hair when you can be saving up xD... Like, for me, to make hair look good I have to buy a variety of differnt hairdyes, which ends up being like, 40 to 50$.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 09-03-2009 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Clean up
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 09-02-2009, 06:07 PM

I think it looks like there is a plant growing out of her head. Its the prime example of the haircuts that scene kids use that are just incredibly unflattering. I feel like they are purposely trying to poke someone's eye out with it or create a personal space bubble. Second thought, that could be effective on the metro. I just might start poofing my hair out to make people stop crowding me

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#40 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-02-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty View Post
I think it looks like there is a plant growing out of her head. Its the prime example of the haircuts that scene kids use that are just incredibly unflattering. I feel like they are purposely trying to poke someone's eye out with it or create a personal space bubble. Second thought, that could be effective on the metro. I just might start poofing my hair out to make people stop crowding me
Maybe it's more to do with the fact that people are dying from all the hairspray fumes? XD

I find that cultivating a "Look at me wrongly and you die", Shadow-esq look while on the train/bus/tube seems to work perfectly well, without having to kill my hair.