Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty Tips Post your beauty secrets... free beauty tips: hair care, skin care, makeup, lips, cosmetics, hairstyles, eyebrows, nails etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 04-16-2009, 07:47 AM

I think it's a volume thing... a lot of those scene styles have hair sticking out everywhere, and it makes one look like they have much more hair on their head than they do... even those who may have a lot to begin with!

I could never spend that long on my hair... the most I'll ever spend on my hair in an average day is however long it takes to comb my hair. XD

If I'm being dressy, I'll straighten it. (Curling or making waves takes to long if I want them to stay.)

For any sort of show or major dance is the only time you'll ever find me spending forever on my hair...

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-16-2009, 01:44 PM

Scene hair makes me laugh. You know why? It's already been done, in the 80s! XD Not under the name of "scene hair", but a lot of people teased and dyed their hair, using tons of hairspray, to get big hair. So it makes me laugh when I see these kids poncing around and acting like they have this big original idea.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 04-16-2009, 04:25 PM

Lots of things from the 80's are coming back. The hair, the leggings, legwarmers/armwarmers, bright colours... That would sound like fun times - the first time around.

I have naturally big hair, so I usually try and make it look a bit thinner. It gets really annoying when your hair makes you look like a bobble head because it's so huge, and you're pretty thin. o_o

I never even spend that long on my hair when I dress up. Usually, I just straighten it and take a couple minutes to decide whether I want it up, or down. Talk about simple. xD
(#14 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-16-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHayleyDoll View Post
Lots of things from the 80's are coming back. The hair, the leggings, legwarmers/armwarmers, bright colours... That would sound like fun times - the first time around.

I have naturally big hair, so I usually try and make it look a bit thinner. It gets really annoying when your hair makes you look like a bobble head because it's so huge, and you're pretty thin. o_o

I never even spend that long on my hair when I dress up. Usually, I just straighten it and take a couple minutes to decide whether I want it up, or down. Talk about simple. xD
XD When I do bother to dress up. (which is two to three times a YEAR), I take forever! xD I'm OCD-ish about make-up and haiur, and everything has to be rediculously perfect, or I hate the ENTIRE look.

(#15 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 04-16-2009, 10:17 PM

I personally think "scene" hair looks horrible, only because its like Aihana stated, so fried. :X Anways, what makes it "scene" hair? ..What is "scene"

(#16 (permalink))
Old
Kiani (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 04-17-2009, 09:15 AM

Scene hair has to be one of the worst looks going around at the moment. Its like an overgrown mullet, dyed ridiculous colours with some little ribbons added.

Its one of those things that people look back on photos of and go "Oh lord, I was such a tool"

Like the one shouldered tops of my young teen years.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-17-2009, 09:41 AM

I love scene hair, I think it's pretty, so I have it. xD It's a bit shorter than xXxPunkxXx and blonde/brown rather than white.

But I have HUGE hair, so when I get my hair cut they spend an hour thinning it.

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
likediamonds (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 8 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 04-17-2009, 02:29 PM

I don't really have scene hair (but I tend to tease it sometimes) but I like scene hair. It's pretty ^^ But not when it's overdone. If you're going to put tons of colors and crap in your hair, just buy extensions.

avi: me

(#19 (permalink))
Old
KaraKupkakex (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 2.60 Average
Send a message via MSN to KaraKupkakex
Default 04-17-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraIMustBeInvisible View Post
Well, I kinda agree with Hayley. Sometimes it looks fried. And sometimes people tease it to much and it looks really really really knotted and gross...like in this youtube video I saw. -shudders- But most of the time I adore it

Its only looks tht way when u dont know how to tease it, like if u just u know use ur comb back adn forth on ur hair it doesnt look tht great xD ur supposed to tease it as much as u want and then brush it out.. lol

Yoh
(#20 (permalink))
Old
xxGorgeouslyxDangerousxx (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Default 04-18-2009, 09:57 PM

I think scene hair is nice, but when its done properly.
Like any other hair style, really, if its not done right or the person has no idea how to get the look, it can sometimes look a little silly and out of place.
And sometimes, its too extravagant and crazy. It's good in moderation, although, I must admit, some of the really crazy styles are quite nice ^^.