Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Beauty Tips (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/beauty-tips/)
-   -   short hair vs. long hair (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/beauty-tips/20818-short-hair-vs-long-hair.html)

lizard_eye 02-20-2009 08:13 PM

short hair vs. long hair

So I really want short hair because it would be easier to manage and its really cute! butttt i have a round face and im afraid it'll look weird. also, my long hair is my favorite part of my apperence and i'm afraid that if i cut it....idk i wont look like a girl or something lol. im just afraid i wont be able to pull it off. so what do u guys think? what do u guys like better, short of long, and for what reasons?

delly1 02-20-2009 08:59 PM

Long . I have short hair right now about past my ears and I hate it. I wear clip on extensions in public because I grew to hate my short hair.. I cut my hair when I was 13 so six years ago and some time I love it some times I don't. I feel more feminine personally when I have my long hair in. it is completely up to you though. Some hair styles look very cute short. I have tried many that I did actually like. I find though wearing boys clothes with short hair is a nono for me because I look like a man... Doesn't mean you have to dress girly just more female looking clothes. Which I was a tomboy so it was hard to getr used to. Plus take into consideration how long it takes to grow your hair. my takes forever... If yours does to and you end up hating the short hair you might regret doing it and have to wait a while to get it back.
Maybe you should show us some ideas of hairstyles you would like to try so we could give you an opinion on them. Also talk to your hairdresser as she or he would have the best knowledge on what looks best on the style of your face.

This passage is from Everything You Need to Know About Short Hair
If you have a round face, consider a short cut that ends an inch or two below the jawbone and has a few long layers, like this other cut on Katie Holmes. Blunt bobs only accentuate the roundness. High forehead? Cover up your large forehead with blunt or side-swept bangs like this one.

lizard_eye 02-20-2009 09:40 PM

thanks!!! that was alottttt of help, it really was! heres some of the hair i like....
a) (short hair i like)

b) (medium hair i like)

c) (reallllly short hair i like)

delly1 02-20-2009 11:37 PM

I like the first one the most personally even though I wouldnt classify that as short hair its really more medium in length,but I would try that first and see if you really like that and if you do and your brave enough to try a shorter hairstyle on your next visit to the hairstylist, then go for it! Personally the really shot hair you like would be to "traumatic" for you because its a huge change not only in the style but the weight lost from your head tehe XD. Bring the picture of the the style of hair to your hairdresser so she can get it as accurate as possible.

Also, I looked at the picture of you I think the shape of the first image you displayed would be very flattering to your facial features and structure of your face. Are you also considering on dyeing your hair?

lizard_eye 02-20-2009 11:44 PM

yeah the first is my fave too. yeah i want to dye it cuz my natural hair color is just plain brown and i like never dye my hair lol

delly1 02-20-2009 11:55 PM

try and see if your hairstylist can go for the exact hairstyle in the image plus the colour because I believe it would look great.

lizard_eye 02-21-2009 12:00 AM

mkay, thanks for all your help. now i just gotta save up some moneys lol

delly1 02-21-2009 12:03 AM

I am glad that helped and your welcome. Yes it is expensive sadly... Thank god for jobs (I guess) ... lol

immortalxbarbie 03-10-2009 05:25 PM

I have a round face too, I call it chubby cheek syndrome hehe. Depending on the shape of your jawline and hairline, most hair styles look great on round faces. Go for a style that goes around your face, but watch out for bangs they can make your face look shorter.

xXx_Nessa_xXx 03-14-2009 02:23 PM

Long all the way :]]

-Mizz.Ash