Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty Tips Post your beauty secrets... free beauty tips: hair care, skin care, makeup, lips, cosmetics, hairstyles, eyebrows, nails etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Cherpples23 (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 3.50 Average
Send a message via AIM to Cherpples23 Send a message via MSN to Cherpples23 Send a message via Yahoo to Cherpples23
Cool Anti-Make up. - 10-02-2008, 04:08 AM

Are there any people out there who just refuse to wear make up because it feels so unnatural?

My mother has been really getting into make up lately and I'm not one to ever wear make up whatsoever. It feels weird and like I'm trying to hide something.

but yeah..
I attempted to wear make up yesterday and my mom did it because I have no idea how haha and it was good I guess but the whole day I felt like hiding my face because I just didn't like the fact that I was hiding my "real" beauty.

So I ended up showing my boyfriend it and he sort of freaked out and told me I look beautiful without it haha and it's like aww..but I don't know..At times I feel sort of left out 'cause I don't wear make up? but I feel like an imposter if I do?
*sigh*
I was just rambling there.
Anywho. Anyone else against wearing make up and why?

"Tonight I'm tangled in a blanket of clouds.
Dreaming aloud."

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 10-02-2008, 06:05 AM

I'm not against wearing makeup, but I don't wear it very often mainly because some types of mascara give me styes. -__- When I do wear makeup it's eyeshadow, maybe foundation/coverup and that's it.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 10-02-2008, 06:57 AM

I almost never wear any make-up of any kind. XD Only for special occassions. Otherwise, it's just nerdy ol' me with my glasses, hoodies, and sweatpants (I hate all jeans but my one pair).

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-02-2008, 02:15 PM

I wear it to work, cuz I wouldn't want to scare the public away, haha. XD I also wear it to go out, and to go fun shopping. For slobbing around and food shopping, or just nipping out to get a paper; I don't bother.

As for men who say they like the natural look, in my experience, they like the so called "natural" look that actually takes hours to achieve, and inches of makeup. -.-

(#5 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 10-02-2008, 03:21 PM

Agreed. Natural look takes much too long to achieve. So, I just wear eyeliner. Lots of eyeliner. xD That's really the only thing I do. Honestly I rarely use anything else. Sometimes lip balm, though.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 10-03-2008, 04:18 AM

I'm th4e true natural look! =D I've never had a BF! =D

Sorry, had to do that. XD I never wear make-up to school, and I've never dated, and dind't get my first kiss until a little after I turned 16.

Men (not all, of course) are hypocrites.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
jellydino (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 1 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 05-27-2010, 11:15 PM

Due to my condition, I only have my face to work with so I love makeup. It's fine not to wear it, I'm definently not shunning anyone but I enjoy wearing it. It's like a form of art to me I don't want to hide the positive things. Plus, makeup doesn't mask your looks it can sometimes enhance them

I, make dollz.