Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Beauty Tips (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/beauty-tips/)
-   -   Eyeliner (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/beauty-tips/17999-eyeliner.html)

bo_bo7 03-04-2008 08:27 PM

Eyeliner

If you want to stop eyeliner from smearing, then use stick liner of khol then put clear powder on a eyeshadow brush and apply it to the liner.

dudettel 03-14-2008 07:16 PM

Liquid smears less than pencil, but its harder to put on. I use revlon, the kind thats almost like crayon...it doesn't smear so badly and its easy to put on. Also, if you are using black opt for dark brown-it doesn't give you the raccoon effect :lol:

Miranda_ 03-14-2008 07:33 PM

I use Maybelline liquid eyeliner; that stays put and doesn't smudge, however you do need a steady hand to apply liquid eyeliner.

I tend to put my eyeliner on in an Egyptian cat's eye shape; so I don't mind it looking obvious. :wink: If however you want a more subtle effect, use either a smokey grey if you're blonde or even a dark blue; or a brown or tan line if you're a brunette.

beware_toxic_baby_gurl 03-17-2008 09:07 PM

Before you put your eyeliner on put some skin colord powder unerneath your eye. It will stop the eyeliner from running

Miranda_ 03-18-2008 10:19 AM

Not necessarily; I used to use Rimmel eyeliner and that smudged even when I put powder under my eye. Best to shop around and find one that's labeled as anti smudge, or even waterproof. Waterproof makeup tho needs proper eye makeup remover, not just water.

beware_toxic_baby_gurl 03-19-2008 05:39 PM

Waterproof eyeliner sucks, I find anyways. Because even thoough its water proof..its not really smudge proof..so when i have it under my eyes its just harder to get off

barbiegirl103 02-17-2009 05:47 PM

I can't wear regular eyeliner. By the end of the day it is smeared under my eyes. and it looks like i am dead, it is really bad. I started using liquid eye liner but it started to crack and chip of throug out the day. The like the begining of last i tried powder eye liner and i love it.

immortalxbarbie 03-10-2009 05:28 PM

waterproof, smudge proof eyeliners are best but you could put a line of foundation underneath your eye to keep it from running/smudging during the school day. the other tips are good too

Miranda_ 05-18-2009 07:29 AM

I found that the best thing to do is use some face powder or powder face base to lightly go over your eyes first, then give yourself plenty of time to put the eyeliner on. Also, take it with you along with some cotton buds wherever you're going in case you need to do repairs; of course, if you're down the pub, your hand might not be steady enough after a while. XD

LancasterPrincess 08-23-2009 04:38 AM

I've never had an issue with it running? I don't know if it's my skin or the fact that I always put it on, then smudge it with the "eraser" to get the smokey look then finish off with eyeshadow. My liner is never truly exposed because I love love love the smokey eye, so maybe that's why I never have issues?

Oh and I HATE liquid eyeliner. I can't smudge it and I have a shaky hand, lol!

I too like the cat eye, though I only do it for when it's time to be sexy! :mrgreen: