Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty Tips Post your beauty secrets... free beauty tips: hair care, skin care, makeup, lips, cosmetics, hairstyles, eyebrows, nails etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Kiani (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default The "Do not use this product" thread. - 01-19-2008, 03:27 AM

Im sure everyones come accross one or two products that were just awful, whether they smelt bad, didnt work or were no where near what the product was advertised as, I think it would be good to share these experiences.

Veet Ready-To-Use Mini Cold Wax Strips
The box states that these are for face, bikini line and underarms, I bought a pack and discided to wax my underarms. Firstly, the strips are huge, but the cold wax is a tiny thin line, you require at least 3 for each underarm.
I thought "Okay, they just want me to buy more packets, smart marketing people" I rub them together to heat them up, like it says on the instructions, peel the cover off (noted that it smelt terrible), stick it to my underarm, pull it off and... well, the strip came off, the wax didnt. It peeled away from the sheet and was stuck to me. I thought "Hmm, maybe didnt heat it up enough" Tried a second strip. Same deal.
I ended up having to find my surgical scissors and cut the wax off (Thank God I tried it on my left arm, so I had my right one free, otherwise I would have been in a bit of trouble trying to get it off)
A little bit was still stuck to the skin so I tried the 'perfect finish wipes' and it started stinging, which made absolutely no sense because the strip pulled off no more than 4 hairs.

Back to Nads for me.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-19-2008, 09:33 AM

Pantene.

Not just me; I've heard bad things about this shampoo from other sources. It's made with unnatural ingredients; anyway, when I tried it it left my hair dull and strawlike, and the conditioner just made it greasy. Never again.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 01-19-2008, 09:36 AM

On another note for Pantene: It makes my hair fall out. Badly.

~~~

Clean&Clear Facewash

You hear all the time on TV how this stuff works wonders for your skin. Eh, no. I don't know about anyone else on here, but this stuff made my acne WORSE. It caused more acne than I had before. I quit using it and my acne cleared up fairly quick, even the acne I had before I used it.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#4 (permalink))
Old
beware_toxic_baby_gurl (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 1 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 01-19-2008, 01:01 PM

Oxy Pads,
It's said to moisturize while cleaning well, It took my whole top layer of skin off and like, Burnt me. Its the 'Extreme' one. I din't think it was going to be THAT extreme

And Rexall make-up remover.
All it is, is Baby oil. So being Baby oil it makes my skin well, Oily. Then I wiped my face with a towel and it was still oily. I went to put make up on and no kidding it just fell off, Like my foundation was litterally dripping off my face it was so oily.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 01-20-2008, 01:50 PM

omfg what a great topic thank god I read this I was going to buy the wax strips lol .
lol I bought these new tampons the other day kinda like a rip off of OB anyways they are called Pearl they come in a green lil package made by tampax and they are the smaller one. One the sponge that goes in wouldnt come out i had to rip it out the back side and two the string fell off the sponge it was god awful!

(#6 (permalink))
Old
tjsgrl01 (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Send a message via AIM to tjsgrl01
Default 01-21-2008, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf View Post

Clean&Clear Facewash

You hear all the time on TV how this stuff works wonders for your skin. Eh, no. I don't know about anyone else on here, but this stuff made my acne WORSE. It caused more acne than I had before. I quit using it and my acne cleared up fairly quick, even the acne I had before I used it.
ugh same here.
The face wash just kinda kept my skin the same and I used the little silver tube of Rapid Clear Spot Treat I think it was called, it turned a small-ish red pimple into a huge white nasty looking painful thing that stuck around for days. Need I say more? The '100% of people saw a reduction in the size and redness of the pimple in just oen day' is b.s., they obviously haven't tested on me.
the same thing happens with the Proactive Refining Mask which does the same thing as the clean and clear stuff for me. And who wan'ts to be putting sulfur on their face? Thats whats in it.
Proactive in general is pretty bad. Yeah, it works wonders for some people, so they aren't b.s.ing. But it's a chance, because it'll either make your skin better or worse, and if it makes it worse, even when you stop using it it's still bad. So, I'd advice not that that chance.
I don't know exactly why, but it has somehting to do wiht the chemicals not being totally stable? I don't remember.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 01-23-2008, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf View Post
On another note for Pantene: It makes my hair fall out. Badly.

~~~

Clean&Clear Facewash

that product actually gave me a rash all over my face!( thank god it was during Christmas break!)
and when I stopped using it my face totally cleared
never buying that again

(#8 (permalink))
Old
bo_bo7 (Offline)

Rating: Not Rated
Lightbulb Ummmm Yeah - 02-14-2008, 08:41 PM

Nothing by Neutragena (SP?) works for me...... Proactive and Acne Free don't work either... and Herbal Essences Conditioner and Shampoo doesn't work. I like stila and benefit concealer.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Orinocco_Flow (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 5 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 02-16-2008, 09:43 AM

Never Use Suave! I Have Very Oily Hair And Usually Use A Large Amount Of Shampoo, But When I Did So With Suave Shampoo It Left My Hair Feeling Like Straw.

*Happy New Year*
(#10 (permalink))
Old
antimaie (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 12 Votes / 3.83 Average
Send a message via AIM to antimaie Send a message via Yahoo to antimaie
Default 07-01-2008, 01:19 AM

proactive doesn't work, but that's no surprise.

the sensaria face wash didn't do anything to my face, so i went online where my dad works and bought a lot of the neutragena stuff. [he works for johnson and johnson so we get free band aids and soap! yay! xD]
the wave works really good , and the clean and clear morning burst works really good :]]
the clean and clear and neutragena stuff works for me =|

baby, you got me. ♥