Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Beauty Tips (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/beauty-tips/)
-   -   The "Do not use this product" thread. (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/beauty-tips/17451-do-not-use-product-thread.html)

Kiani 01-19-2008 03:27 AM

The "Do not use this product" thread.

Im sure everyones come accross one or two products that were just awful, whether they smelt bad, didnt work or were no where near what the product was advertised as, I think it would be good to share these experiences.

Veet Ready-To-Use Mini Cold Wax Strips
The box states that these are for face, bikini line and underarms, I bought a pack and discided to wax my underarms. Firstly, the strips are huge, but the cold wax is a tiny thin line, you require at least 3 for each underarm.
I thought "Okay, they just want me to buy more packets, smart marketing people" I rub them together to heat them up, like it says on the instructions, peel the cover off (noted that it smelt terrible), stick it to my underarm, pull it off and... well, the strip came off, the wax didnt. It peeled away from the sheet and was stuck to me. I thought "Hmm, maybe didnt heat it up enough" Tried a second strip. Same deal.
I ended up having to find my surgical scissors and cut the wax off (Thank God I tried it on my left arm, so I had my right one free, otherwise I would have been in a bit of trouble trying to get it off)
A little bit was still stuck to the skin so I tried the 'perfect finish wipes' and it started stinging, which made absolutely no sense because the strip pulled off no more than 4 hairs.

Back to Nads for me.

Miranda_ 01-19-2008 09:33 AM

Pantene.

Not just me; I've heard bad things about this shampoo from other sources. It's made with unnatural ingredients; anyway, when I tried it it left my hair dull and strawlike, and the conditioner just made it greasy. Never again.

Silent_Wolf 01-19-2008 09:36 AM

On another note for Pantene: It makes my hair fall out. Badly.

~~~

Clean&Clear Facewash

You hear all the time on TV how this stuff works wonders for your skin. Eh, no. I don't know about anyone else on here, but this stuff made my acne WORSE. It caused more acne than I had before. I quit using it and my acne cleared up fairly quick, even the acne I had before I used it.

beware_toxic_baby_gurl 01-19-2008 01:01 PM

Oxy Pads,
It's said to moisturize while cleaning well, It took my whole top layer of skin off and like, Burnt me. Its the 'Extreme' one. I din't think it was going to be THAT extreme:grin:

And Rexall make-up remover.
All it is, is Baby oil. So being Baby oil it makes my skin well, Oily. Then I wiped my face with a towel and it was still oily. I went to put make up on and no kidding it just fell off, Like my foundation was litterally dripping off my face it was so oily.

delly1 01-20-2008 01:50 PM

omfg what a great topic thank god I read this I was going to buy the wax strips lol .
lol I bought these new tampons the other day kinda like a rip off of OB anyways they are called Pearl they come in a green lil package made by tampax and they are the smaller one. One the sponge that goes in wouldnt come out i had to rip it out the back side and two the string fell off the sponge it was god awful!

tjsgrl01 01-21-2008 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf (Post 636681)

Clean&Clear Facewash

You hear all the time on TV how this stuff works wonders for your skin. Eh, no. I don't know about anyone else on here, but this stuff made my acne WORSE. It caused more acne than I had before. I quit using it and my acne cleared up fairly quick, even the acne I had before I used it.

ugh same here.
The face wash just kinda kept my skin the same and I used the little silver tube of Rapid Clear Spot Treat I think it was called, it turned a small-ish red pimple into a huge white nasty looking painful thing that stuck around for days. Need I say more? The '100% of people saw a reduction in the size and redness of the pimple in just oen day' is b.s., they obviously haven't tested on me.
the same thing happens with the Proactive Refining Mask which does the same thing as the clean and clear stuff for me. And who wan'ts to be putting sulfur on their face? Thats whats in it.
Proactive in general is pretty bad. Yeah, it works wonders for some people, so they aren't b.s.ing. But it's a chance, because it'll either make your skin better or worse, and if it makes it worse, even when you stop using it it's still bad. So, I'd advice not that that chance.
I don't know exactly why, but it has somehting to do wiht the chemicals not being totally stable? I don't remember.

Aihana_ 01-23-2008 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf (Post 636681)
On another note for Pantene: It makes my hair fall out. Badly.

~~~

Clean&Clear Facewash

that product actually gave me a rash all over my face!( thank god it was during Christmas break!)
and when I stopped using it my face totally cleared
never buying that again

bo_bo7 02-14-2008 08:41 PM

Ummmm Yeah

Nothing by Neutragena (SP?) works for me...... Proactive and Acne Free don't work either... and Herbal Essences Conditioner and Shampoo doesn't work.:roll: I like stila and benefit concealer.

Orinocco_Flow 02-16-2008 09:43 AM

Never Use Suave! I Have Very Oily Hair And Usually Use A Large Amount Of Shampoo, But When I Did So With Suave Shampoo It Left My Hair Feeling Like Straw.

antimaie 07-01-2008 01:19 AM

proactive doesn't work, but that's no surprise.

the sensaria face wash didn't do anything to my face, so i went online where my dad works and bought a lot of the neutragena stuff. [he works for johnson and johnson so we get free band aids and soap! yay! xD]
the wave works really good , and the clean and clear morning burst works really good :]]
the clean and clear and neutragena stuff works for me =|