Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty Tips Post your beauty secrets... free beauty tips: hair care, skin care, makeup, lips, cosmetics, hairstyles, eyebrows, nails etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-16-2009, 07:39 PM

Natural tanning could end up giving you skin cancer. You'd be better off finding a better fake tan rather than just exposing your skin to the harmful rays that come from the sun.

I've used Herbal Essences Fruit Essences before, and they've worked fine. ^^

A friend of mine once tried to colour her hair using henna, and her hair went like carrots. O.o

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 01-16-2009, 07:53 PM

And, anyways, pale is slightly more acceptable now; if you look at the magazines in the stores right now, there are more pale-to-normal skinned models and stuff.

That's great, because I'd look terrible with a tan, be it fake or real. XD

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
barbiegirl103 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: Not Rated
Send a message via AIM to barbiegirl103
Default 04-18-2009, 04:27 PM

i can never use regulary conditioner because it is to watery, i like tride ever kind, then i dyed my hair using herbal esents and the hair dye conditioner that they gave me worked great and it smelled amazign too.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Virgogirl11 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Default 04-28-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antimaie View Post
proactive doesn't work, but that's no surprise.

the sensaria face wash didn't do anything to my face, so i went online where my dad works and bought a lot of the neutragena stuff. [he works for johnson and johnson so we get free band aids and soap! yay! xD]
the wave works really good , and the clean and clear morning burst works really good :]]
the clean and clear and neutragena stuff works for me =|
I can't get my Wave to work,but other than that Neutragena is really good!As for Clean and Clear....I got the Blackhead removal pads and I used it went to bed...Next morning my face was as red as a lobster and my skin was peeling and I had to go to school!Proactive I've never used,but my friends say it's bad!Shampoo I like Selsun Salon or Pantene.Selsun Salon smells good and it helps with danduff.Pantene helps with keeping my highlights and hair color in longer

Peace,Love and Sing!
(#25 (permalink))
Old
jordanashley (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.33 Average
Default 05-16-2009, 05:30 PM

Proactiv doesn't work that great...It did for like, the first week for me, and then didn't help any more.
SkinID doesn't work at all. It may for some people, but it didn't for me. One of the things I used that was part of it made my face sting some and the acne got bigger for a minute.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Kiwi_Kat (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Default 05-16-2009, 05:41 PM

I used to have horrible, horrible knots in my hair. They looked like rat's nests. So i had gotten this Lore`l (sp?) tangle free stuff for the knots and occasional tangles after I took a shower. I t said SPECIFICALLY that you were supposed to use it on dry hair. So I did ant at first it had worked a little then my hair started to get really curly and i mad my little tangles turn into nests! so i never used it again because it also made my head sting.

NO SLEEP IN HEAVEN OR BETHLEHEM
"I feel you breathing... Everywhere...The rain, the hay... please. Please Wendela."
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 05-16-2009, 06:10 PM

White Rain conditioner and shampoo products. UGH! It turns my hair really coarse and not only that, more of my hair started falling out. -.-; Plus, the conditioner makes my hair really greasy and I felt like I'd never taken a shower.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#28 (permalink))
Old
jellydino (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 1 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 05-27-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
Pantene.

Not just me; I've heard bad things about this shampoo from other sources. It's made with unnatural ingredients; anyway, when I tried it it left my hair dull and strawlike, and the conditioner just made it greasy. Never again.
Totally agree!

Herbal Essenses Dangerously Straight Shampoo
More like dangerously greasy. My hair has never been so sticky. The top was slicked and the midlength/bottom all curly. It was scary.

Dove Tanning Moisturiser
Omg. I accidently got the dark colour [label was wrong]. I went brown in splotches. I had to vigorously scrub.

I, make dollz.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 05-27-2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Don't triple post, use the edit button!
(#29 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 05-27-2010, 07:18 PM

Pantene has worked great, and despite the rumors, it doesn't make your hair fall out..
If you have dry, damaged hair it's really good, because it puts a protective layer of vitamin E on it. But if you're hair is normal, it probably would make it greasey. Especially after a while.

I HATE the colorsilks conditioners. All of them. they leave my hair flat and crappy and slightly on the greasy side.
And they're expensive. In the $14 dollar area.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

(#30 (permalink))
Old
fabulous_doller24 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Default 10-06-2010, 06:11 PM

Do not use Nivea Young Tinted Moisturiser, the only colour is "natural" aka BROWN! It goes in splotches and looks as if I smeared chocolate milk on my pale complexion and let it dry.