Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty Tips Post your beauty secrets... free beauty tips: hair care, skin care, makeup, lips, cosmetics, hairstyles, eyebrows, nails etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Kiani (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default The "Do not use this product" thread. - 01-19-2008, 03:27 AM

Im sure everyones come accross one or two products that were just awful, whether they smelt bad, didnt work or were no where near what the product was advertised as, I think it would be good to share these experiences.

Veet Ready-To-Use Mini Cold Wax Strips
The box states that these are for face, bikini line and underarms, I bought a pack and discided to wax my underarms. Firstly, the strips are huge, but the cold wax is a tiny thin line, you require at least 3 for each underarm.
I thought "Okay, they just want me to buy more packets, smart marketing people" I rub them together to heat them up, like it says on the instructions, peel the cover off (noted that it smelt terrible), stick it to my underarm, pull it off and... well, the strip came off, the wax didnt. It peeled away from the sheet and was stuck to me. I thought "Hmm, maybe didnt heat it up enough" Tried a second strip. Same deal.
I ended up having to find my surgical scissors and cut the wax off (Thank God I tried it on my left arm, so I had my right one free, otherwise I would have been in a bit of trouble trying to get it off)
A little bit was still stuck to the skin so I tried the 'perfect finish wipes' and it started stinging, which made absolutely no sense because the strip pulled off no more than 4 hairs.

Back to Nads for me.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!