Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty Tips Post your beauty secrets... free beauty tips: hair care, skin care, makeup, lips, cosmetics, hairstyles, eyebrows, nails etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
ShinoMegami (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-16-2008, 05:15 PM

If you use the exact same shamppoo for like a month+ then switch to something completely different most people's hair tends to react, wheter it be bad or good.

I have a friend who works for a beauty supply company and she says that nothing (shampoo, face cleaners etc) will work all the time every time. She suggests getting 2-3 different shamppoos and conditioners and alternating them every 2 weeks. I do that and my hair is soooo soft and amazing. I used to have the gresiest hair...not anymore, and I can skip washing my hair one day and it's still perfect.

And I had a lot of problems with acne in highschool. Basically nothing worked and I had to be put on Acutane (which is basically the dermotoligist last resort) I still get little breakouts, but most of the time I just clean my face with dove soap (the regular stuff) or even just plain water. Of course I make sure never ever to sleep in make up, that my make up is all mineral, that when I do wash my face I have washed my hands with soap first, and that I don't touch my face during the day. Also the easiest way to get dirt and grime on your face is touching up your makeup throughout the day. Cause I know a lot of girls/women carry certain thing in their purses and will fix their makeup while eating not even thinking about the grease on their hands

PSST!! Hey!! Go > here < and see my dolls!!

Avatar Made by ME!! Base from Dollz'n'stuff (I don't have a current link, if anyone does please PM it to me)

Last edited by Miranda_ : 12-10-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-16-2008, 06:39 PM

Actually, I've used Pantene about three times before I finally quit; each time, they'd said they'd changed the formula; same effect. Then I gave up on it. I alternate my shampoo/conditioner and buy what's on special offer, so I don't use the same shampoo all the time.

Also, I never get any problems with cleansing etc cuz I only use natural based products on my face, not ones with alcohol or chemicals.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
jelibon (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via Yahoo to jelibon
Default 08-18-2008, 12:48 PM

actually, Clean & Clear facial wash works great for me,
I used "Vitaskin" product before and it totally dried my skin [I'm not sure if it's imported in US]

and a weird thing: when I lived in US I used Herbal Essence shampoos and they were good, when I moved back to Europe, I bought the exact same one and hated it!
(#14 (permalink))
Old
ShinoMegami (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Default 08-18-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelibon View Post
and a weird thing: when I lived in US I used Herbal Essence shampoos and they were good, when I moved back to Europe, I bought the exact same one and hated it!
Sometimes if a company is a manufaturing plant in a different country the product will be completely different in another company. Also the import/export standard could cause the difference too. You could probably buy it and have it shipped overseas but it really isn't worth it.

PSST!! Hey!! Go > here < and see my dolls!!

Avatar Made by ME!! Base from Dollz'n'stuff (I don't have a current link, if anyone does please PM it to me)
(#15 (permalink))
Old
jelibon (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to jelibon
Default 08-19-2008, 03:19 AM

I know,
I was just really used to it and had trouble choosing a new one
:]

got bass ?

:]
(#16 (permalink))
Old
beware_toxic_baby_gurl (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 1 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 08-19-2008, 01:01 PM

|Right now, I can't remember what shampoo I use, but it's from a hair salon and its almost 50.00. My mom baught it for me for a present, other then that I would of never baught it. But it's Curl Infused, It says when you get out the shower, add a bit of mousse and then blow dry.. and it works
I use mineral make-upp..
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Default 09-01-2008, 02:49 PM

Herbal essence shampoo and conditioners are just cheap.They never work for me,they just dry out my hair.
After i used tresemme(especially conditioners),i could easily pull off 10-20 hairs out of my head in like 2 minutes..
I suggest Dove shampoos,conditioners and other products.They smell great on your hair and they don't dry it out.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Rain538 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Default 09-01-2008, 03:59 PM

Hey it works just fine for me.I have silky hair once I use Long Term Relation ship

Warrior cat books firggen rule the earth a long side pie and the peace sign.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
CherryCherryBoomBoom__ (Offline)
Shuni

Default 12-05-2008, 07:41 PM

clean & clear.
it made my pimples bigger and made me get more of them. i needed speacil stuff

(#20 (permalink))
Old
Lena_x (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Send a message via Yahoo to Lena_x
Default 12-06-2008, 05:11 PM

Herbal Essences are cheap but they are amazing on my hair. I use the hello hydration shampoo and conditioner and it makes my hair REALLY soft. But I also have very soft hair without it.

V8....specifically the strawberries and cream shampoo. It didn't do anything bad to my hair, really (except it didn't moisturize it as well as I hoped), but the smell made me absolutely sick to my stomach. It was horrible.

Also, matrix conditioner. It's a really nice brand, but the conditioner kills my hair.

Oh, and then there is this heat protector for when you are straightening your hair and you put it on before you dry it, it makes my hair so greasy its disgusting.

Signature by kkloobie
Click the banner to go to my site.