Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty Tips Post your beauty secrets... free beauty tips: hair care, skin care, makeup, lips, cosmetics, hairstyles, eyebrows, nails etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#51 (permalink))
Old
ColorPencil (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-01-2011, 06:55 PM

- Ulta Eyeliner (Black or brown but mostly black)
- Mascara (black but sometimes brown)
- lipgloss
On occasions I wear eyeshadow, it's mostly my natural palettes. I sometimes wear my MAC eyeshadow. (:

Joey Thunder is perrffff ♥
"I'm not angel, I'm just me, but I will love you endlessley." [endlessly, the cab]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#52 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 08-17-2012, 08:51 PM

Recently, I've been going au natural 100% (my idea of "made-up" is now a small amount of eyeliner under the eye). My skin is healthier, and I rarely get pimples since I've stopped wearing foundation.

I actually HATE makeup now. I think natural is beautiful, and healthy. I'm not trying to be rude, but hearing you guys list so much product... It hurts me as a woman to know other women feel they have to cover up their faces with makeup to look beautiful. We are all beautiful, and the man of your dreams will love you more without makeup than with it - if not, he's a shallow pig.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#53 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-17-2012, 11:40 PM

I only wear it for special occasions: performances, speech tournaments, and dances. Even then, only for very formal dances. I'm too lazy to do makeup, and if I wasn't also too lazy to wash my face properly, I probably wouldn't break out. But when I do wear it, it's the bare minerals fairly light, smashbox color correction (I get red splotches), bare minerals glee and warmth plus maybelline for blush, simple gold and white eyeshadow (it goes well with my grey suit), eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick. It's a lot of stuff, but we get judged on our looks so proper makeup is an unfortunate must; there is no way I'd ever do any of that on a daily basis, not even the eye stuff. I suppose I'm all or nothing: I either put on full face or I don't wear any makeup, and it's mostly the latter. I don't get why girls feel the need to cake themselves up every day for class; you're not there to impress boys (or even other girls), you're there to get an education.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#54 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 08-18-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
It's a lot of stuff, but we get judged on our looks so proper makeup is an unfortunate must;
Judged on our looks by who? Boys? I know my family doesn't judge me on looks. My friends don't. Random people who I'll probably never see again in my life? Maybe, but who cares? Is somebody going to think, about people who don't wear makeup, "Ew, what a slob?" If they do, they're an ugly, judgmental, and likely insecure person on the inside.

I find that, sometimes, it's starts with someone using just a little makeup. Then they wear a little more and get compliments, causing them to wear a little more... until they eventually look like a clown. This happened to one of my friends. I think she's a beautiful girl without makeup but now she can't go out of the house without it or she feels like people will judge her and think she's ugly. She says, "You'll never know where Mr. Right is hiding," but if he's the right guy, he will be attracted to you makeup-less as well. My hubby met me when I wasn't wearing makeup, and he thought I was the most beautiful person he's ever met.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 08-18-2012, 02:34 PM

I don't wear makeup unless it's a birthday party or some other get-together. But visiting family, staying at home, going shopping, I don't do anything other than put my hair in a ponytail.

When I do put on makeup, I glam, so the works. Who doesn't want to look especially pretty every now and then? There's nothing wrong with that.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#56 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-18-2012, 03:21 PM

I'm pretty natural. Only make-up I wear is cover up for those unexpected pimples. Being a teen, I get acne pretty often, but it's not major. I tried using proactive and it didn't help at all. So I'm on the look out for some kind of acne product.

(#57 (permalink))
Old
Blondie (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-18-2012, 03:33 PM

i usually wear makeup on a daily basis when im going to school and such, but its not much. I've gotten so lazy with Nursing school that i do as little as possible, (light foundation, blush, mascara). I remember my first two or three years of college i really got into makeup and even got a pallet for my birthday... it still looks brand new from how little ive used it. Id wear foundation, powder, bronzer, blush, eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, and usually lip gloss. I dont have time for it anymore, but if i have a special occasion ill put on more, i still dont usually wear eye shadow, ill just do some more eyeliner.

In the summer i hardly ever wear makeup, and my skin loves me for it! Plus i get a ton of freckles and i love them, so im not gonna cover um up!

Does anyone have issues with breakouts just before their period? Thats when i always break out, and it happens with my sister as well.
(#58 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 08-18-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eros View Post
I'm pretty natural. Only make-up I wear is cover up for those unexpected pimples. Being a teen, I get acne pretty often, but it's not major. I tried using proactive and it didn't help at all. So I'm on the look out for some kind of acne product.
LMAO, man oh man I wish that were true. I'm going to be 24 next month and I still have acne ALL the time, no matter what I do. Half the month I'm clear-skinned, the other half (coinsiding with my periods) I get major break-outs. I've talked to my doctor about it, but she said there's nothing I can do other than hormone treatments, which I declined.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#59 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Online)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-18-2012, 04:05 PM

I don't wear makeup to cover up my face; I wear it to enhance my looks. I don't wear it all the time; just for work, and a glammed up version when I go out. I certainly don't wear it if I'm going to the supermarket or just hanging out round the house, and my fiance has often seen me bare faced. I always think it's so tragic when girls can't bear for their other half to see them without makeup; if you're with someone, he obviously likes the way you look so he's not going to ditch you just cuz you're going natural... and if he does, then he obviously doesn't deserve you, anyway.

(#60 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-18-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHayleyDoll View Post
Judged on our looks by who? Boys?
Oh no, I'm taking specifically in the realm of competition: In tournaments, we get judged on our looks: we need to look clean, polished, and professional. Make-up is considered part of that. It has to do with first impressions; we get ranked 1-6 (1 being the best), so we need to do every little thing we can control to make sure we get the best ranking possible. Of course it mostly comes down to performance, but if you and a fellow competitor give equally well done performances and one of you looks slovenly, then the one who looks more polished will receive the higher rank. Do I like it? No. Is it part of the way things work? Unfortunately, yes. I mean, we literally get judged on how well we present ourselves. We absolutely need to look nice if we want to win rounds.

Av/Sig set: Lovie