Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty Tips Post your beauty secrets... free beauty tips: hair care, skin care, makeup, lips, cosmetics, hairstyles, eyebrows, nails etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
littlebit34 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default What are the best nail polishes and colors? - 11-21-2007, 04:06 PM

What are the best nail polishes and colors?
Im trying to get more colors.

Last edited by littlebit34 : 11-21-2007 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Spelling Error
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
beware_toxic_baby_gurl (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 1 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 11-21-2007, 09:42 PM

Sally Hansen is a good brand.
The Color depends on your personality and your skin tone.
If you have a lighter skin tone light colors will be nice (Baby pink, beige, clear)
If you have a darker skin tone bright popping colors are nice, Think rainbow. (And also bright pink)
Stay away from black and dark brown. You will look dull.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-22-2007, 09:49 AM

Not necessarily; I've worn black loads of times and it actually sets off your nails sometimes. Give black nails a white or glitter tip to jazz them up. There are loads of effects you can do yourself on nails; like nail jewels and transfers, or putting a tip. Just get a sticker and put on the nail to get a straight line to paint.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
littlebit34 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Default 11-22-2007, 10:56 AM

I think black looks timeless but its too dark for my skin tone- makes me look dead. I think that anyone can wear rainbow colors though, even if theyre really pale.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-22-2007, 10:58 AM

Try a dark blue, pink, purple or red instead of black then. The dark colour with the white tip works well on anyone. You'll need practice to get it just right tho; or, if you don't dare to do a white tip, just paint a glitter tip instead. ^^

How about say, painting one hand's nails pink and the other blue? Or go for a rainbow effect by painting your nails red, yellow, green, blue and purple?

(#6 (permalink))
Old
littlebit34 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Default 11-23-2007, 09:19 AM

Yesterday I did my nails Gray (its more purply though), Red, Grey, RED, ETC and my toenails gray. But I like that Idea. Do you you think I should do half of my nails one color and the other another?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-23-2007, 09:42 AM

Yup. ^^ Make the colours contrasting tho, like pink/blue; red/green; black/white. And if you've got a steady hand, you could even try painting each nail a different colour on each side. And definitely go for nail transfers; you can buy them in places like Claire's.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
beware_toxic_baby_gurl (Offline)
Addict

Rating: 1 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 11-24-2007, 11:20 AM

I agree everyone can wear rainbow colors but i find if your to light, It looks overwhelming. Just my opinion though
(#9 (permalink))
Old
x_____x (Offline)
Candybar

Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-24-2007, 05:49 PM

Black is actually one of the most worn colors by teenage girls around the world. I recommened baby blue or lime green. They look very different from all those people who wear light pink. But mainly, if you would want to buy nail polish, it would depend on your personality, and style.

, ana(:
credits go to KaraKupcakex for my gorgeous avatar !(:
(#10 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 26 Votes / 3.54 Average
Default 11-24-2007, 06:10 PM

Oooh, the only thing I like about all the fake populars of my school are their nails. They are very stylish with them, and I do copy them...on rare occassions.

Something that is very cute is:

Paint your nails with a clear coat to make them shine. Then add black tips to them, or white tips, and then use the opposite colour (white with black, black with white) to distinguish the tip from the nail. That means putting a thin stripe of the opposite colour on the between the tip and the nail. It's very cute.