Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty & Fashion Cosmetics, makeover techniques, latest styles and fashion trends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
xxMeggieMaggot (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: Not Rated
Default What shape is my face? - 06-05-2011, 06:01 AM

Hello!
I was recently thinking about what hairstyles would suit my face when I realised... I dont know what shape my face is.
I'm stuck between either oblong, square or rectangle.
Please have a look and tell me what you think!

This is a shape chart to compare to:

This is greatly appreciated!

blue_tornado ♥
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 06-05-2011, 07:04 AM

The face-shape terms are actually sort of relative, as everyone is different. However, if you (or anyone else, for that matter), feels as if they need to fit a specific category, then here you go...

To fit one of those, pay attention to the shape of the jaw; overall, yours is closest to both square and rectangle. Now, look at overall length of the face... yours is not at long as the rectangle one, so I'd call you square.

Why didn't I even mention the oblong one? Well, the only reason you resemble that one is that the model shown with oblong features has cheekbones shaped more like yours, while the models for square and rectangle had sharper ones.

Face-shape classification deals mostly with the shape of the jaw and how wide it is in relation to the forehead, and the length of the face.

As for using the classification for a cut, be careful; since shapes are only relative, what works for one model with that type may not work for you, as nose-shape, cheekbones, and eyes, which aren't focused on for face-shape, make a huge difference.

If, however, you go to a salon where the ladies (or possible man...) know what they're doing (even if they aren't as well-versed in what defines a face-shape as one would expect), they'll help with picking out a style that will suit your face. Choose several styles you like that are supposed to suit your shape, and the hairdresser could help you eliminate.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
xxMeggieMaggot (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: Not Rated
Default 06-06-2011, 02:25 AM

Thank you very much!
You obviously know quite a bit!
Very helpful, thanks x

blue_tornado ♥
(#4 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-06-2011, 04:37 PM

You're welcome. ^^

I'm an artist; I consider it my business to know face-types

(#5 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 06-30-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit_queen View Post
You're welcome. ^^

I'm an artist; I consider it my business to know face-types
Since you're in the business...Would you need a straight-on face shot to determine shape? xD I only ask because I'd like to know mine as well, but I can't seem to find any pictures where I don't tilt my head a little, lol.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-30-2011, 10:38 PM

As long as it's almost straight, I should be able to help. ^^ Remember that face shapes are a generalization though...