Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Beauty & Fashion (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/beauty-fashion/)
-   -   What shape is my face? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/beauty-fashion/22955-what-shape-my-face.html)

xxMeggieMaggot 06-05-2011 07:01 AM

What shape is my face?

Hello!
I was recently thinking about what hairstyles would suit my face when I realised... I dont know what shape my face is.
I'm stuck between either oblong, square or rectangle.
Please have a look and tell me what you think!

This is a shape chart to compare to:

This is greatly appreciated!

spirit_queen 06-05-2011 08:04 AM

The face-shape terms are actually sort of relative, as everyone is different. However, if you (or anyone else, for that matter), feels as if they need to fit a specific category, then here you go...

To fit one of those, pay attention to the shape of the jaw; overall, yours is closest to both square and rectangle. Now, look at overall length of the face... yours is not at long as the rectangle one, so I'd call you square.

Why didn't I even mention the oblong one? Well, the only reason you resemble that one is that the model shown with oblong features has cheekbones shaped more like yours, while the models for square and rectangle had sharper ones.

Face-shape classification deals mostly with the shape of the jaw and how wide it is in relation to the forehead, and the length of the face.

As for using the classification for a cut, be careful; since shapes are only relative, what works for one model with that type may not work for you, as nose-shape, cheekbones, and eyes, which aren't focused on for face-shape, make a huge difference.

If, however, you go to a salon where the ladies (or possible man...) know what they're doing (even if they aren't as well-versed in what defines a face-shape as one would expect), they'll help with picking out a style that will suit your face. Choose several styles you like that are supposed to suit your shape, and the hairdresser could help you eliminate.

xxMeggieMaggot 06-06-2011 03:25 AM

Thank you very much!
You obviously know quite a bit!
Very helpful, thanks x

spirit_queen 06-06-2011 05:37 PM

You're welcome. ^^

I'm an artist; I consider it my business to know face-types :lol:

LancasterPrincess 06-30-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spirit_queen (Post 941621)
You're welcome. ^^

I'm an artist; I consider it my business to know face-types :lol:

Since you're in the business...Would you need a straight-on face shot to determine shape? xD I only ask because I'd like to know mine as well, but I can't seem to find any pictures where I don't tilt my head a little, lol.

spirit_queen 06-30-2011 11:38 PM

As long as it's almost straight, I should be able to help. ^^ Remember that face shapes are a generalization though...

LancasterPrincess 07-01-2011 01:33 AM

Ooo, goodie!

Again, it's probably tilted too much, but I'm thinking I'm either heart or inverted triangle since I'm all pointy chin and no jaw, lol, but I've heard oval too?

fabulous_doller24 09-14-2011 03:28 AM

LancasterPrincess, you have amazing cheekbones x

LancasterPrincess 09-24-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabulous_doller24 (Post 948093)
LancasterPrincess, you have amazing cheekbones x

Thank you! Now if only I had a jaw, lol.

Elanorea 09-24-2011 01:07 PM

I'm not an expert on this, but it looks diamond-shaped to me.