Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty & Fashion Cosmetics, makeover techniques, latest styles and fashion trends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
MizzCrosby87 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 4 Votes / 3.00 Average
Question Amusement Park Clothes? - 05-02-2011, 04:49 PM

This Friday , I'll be going to my local amusement park ( Kennywood ) with my school's National Junior Honor Society and GATE program. It's only supposed to be around 60 degrees and a 50% chance of rain. So I was wondering what would be okay to wear there. I'm just debating a lot and I don't know what to choose!
Thanks to whoever can help!

Ray William Johnson < 3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-02-2011, 06:16 PM

Don't wear a white t-shirt. A friend of mine did that on a trip to Chessington and after we'd hit the water tub ride, her bra was clearly visible and all the guys were making comments about wet t-shirts. O_o

Best thing to do is wear a dark coloured top and take a lightweight fleece or hoodie. Then if it's too hot to wear it, you can always tie it round your waist. Don't wear flipflops or slip on sandals; if you go on a ride where your feet hang loose, you WILL lose your shoes. Wear trainers or boots that lace up, and lace them up tightly.

Finally, take a zip up bag with you if you wear glasses, to keep them safe during fast rides. You can also use it to take a bottle of water, mints, gum etc into the park, cuz you will get thirsty and drinks are usually expensive so you don't want to be constantly buying drinks.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MizzCrosby87 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 4 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 05-02-2011, 09:35 PM

Good advice, thanks (: Haha, the white T-shirt thing happened to me before, learned my lesson .-.

Ray William Johnson < 3
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 05-03-2011, 07:03 AM

My friend was so embarrassed; she kept her arms crossed over her chest til the t-shirt dried off. XD

Regarding the flipflops; when I went on Nemesis at Alton Towers, while I and my friend were waiting in the queue, we saw on the other side of the fence under the ride a flipflop which someone had obviously lost.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 05-03-2011, 08:06 AM

Some rides have bins on the side where you can place bags and flip flops; a lot of them at Cedar Point in Ohio do, but not all. I can't speak for other parks; since Cedar Point is closest, it's the one my family has been going to for ages.

I always wear a dark tee, bring a warm hoodie or jacket, wear pants that are very comfortable (remember, you'll be walking all day!), a pair of comfortable tennis shoes and thick socks, and tie my hair back or braid it. This last one is one most people forget to tell girls, but if you go on a coaster of any sort, your hair gets blown around, and if its loose, it will get tangled so badly it will take you forever to untangle it.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 05-03-2011, 08:08 AM

I've always taken the same zip up handbag to amusement parks, and it's always been safe; I wear it with the strap accross my body. I always put my glasses there when I go on rides; I don't want them flying off, not only can I not see without them, they're expensive.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 05-03-2011, 08:12 AM

I don't bring a bag unless I absolutely have to; I have pants with zippable pockets, and can fit everything in there... except my glasses, but I have contacts.