Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty & Fashion Cosmetics, makeover techniques, latest styles and fashion trends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Acryllic Nails - 03-20-2011, 10:29 AM

I looked but I couldn't find a thread about this... So voilą!

So what's your opinion on acrylic nails?

I just got my first pair yesterday for a school dance and I LOVE them! At first I hated the, but after a while I fell in love<3

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-20-2011, 10:36 AM

They're not really for me; I can't wear them at work, after all, and they're pretty expensive to just have on for a week. I've had them a couple of times and always applied at a salon, but for special occasions.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
naruto_fan (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 12 Votes / 4.25 Average
Default 03-20-2011, 12:17 PM

I think very pretty~ Esp Japanese acryllic nails. *.*
But my mom wont let me get them done. >.< Plus if you get them too much they can ruin your nails. >.< I think I'll stick with nail art by me for awhile.

Henshin
MomoUraKinRyu
Climax Form
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 03-20-2011, 01:01 PM

Here, everyone gets gel nails. Which get so expensive and ridiculous because a tonne of girls my age get them but I doubt they actually pay from them, they get mommy and daddy to. Spoiled girls...
They can be so pretty and I'd love to just get them once but I've heard you can't actually do that? Which is weird. I love the coloured ones like purple and red french tips. But I would probably just stick to white, it's more classy. :P

(#5 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-20-2011, 01:17 PM

^^^thats weird o.O Ive never heard that you cant have them just once. I get the cheap $5 ones from Claires but they still look nice xD

My sister used to get them professionally done, but then this mold started growing under her real nail so she had to stop getting them...it was nasty.

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 03-21-2011, 01:19 AM

You mean just press on nails then. Gel nails are made from something different than real acrylic nails. I don't know enough to differentiate the two though, so that's about all I can tell you from what I know haha.

If you want to keep them up you have to deal with re-growth and if it chips and such. too much to handle and too expensive for me. ):

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Jazmina77 (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-20-2011, 04:32 AM

Artificial or Acrylic nails are basically made by mixing a particular powder and liquid. Acrylic nails are best for those who are unable to grow their natural nails for varied reasons.

Silk Wraps
Wraps are pieces of silk, linen or fibreglass that have been cut to a desired shape and glued to the nail plate. This adds strength, and sometimes length, to the nail. Also though applied on top of natural nails, wraps are most commonly used to strengthen tips. Silk is the most natural-looking wrap and provides a lot of flexibility, but it is often too delicate for those with an active lifestyle. Linen is stronger, but not transparent and appears quite thick. Fibreglass provides the best of both worlds since it gives the natural look of silk and the strength of linen.

Gel Nails
Gel acrylic is a one-part system consisting of the application of a thick viscosity gel acrylic. Gel is normally 'cured' under a UV light. Do not confuse gel with traditional acrylic. Even though the two products are actually acrylic, they apply and wear differently.