Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Beauty & Fashion (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/beauty-fashion/)
-   -   Favorite Make Up Line? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/beauty-fashion/22762-favorite-make-up-line.html)

naruto_fan 12-27-2010 08:23 PM

Favorite Make Up Line?

Sorry if theres a thread like this already.
Anyone here have a favorite make up line?
I just started wearing make up a week ago or so, (Wow... I'm in 10th grade and just started wearing make up... >.>), but I picked Lancome as my frist choice, and I really like it. It's not so heavy and cakey and helped my skin alot.
So, who here has a favorite make up line?

Aihana_ 12-27-2010 08:37 PM

How about something affordable missy?
And that's not a big deal really, the age thing..I wasn't ALLOWED until the tenth grade. :/

I dont really have a favorite line, I just use whatever I like really. But I do like covergirl and Mabelline.

naruto_fan 12-27-2010 08:58 PM

Hey, my mom acutally let me. lol
I was always allowed becuase I always wore some for my performences as a little girl.

I dont really use drugstore brands becuase whenever I used them, they werent the best. And the foundation seemed really heavy to me. :/ And it was tough to find the right shade. Plus the eye liner smuges(SP?) alot.

angel_deceiver 01-11-2011 01:35 PM

I like that new make up line hard Candy it's pretty cool but ment for a more edgy look. I wasn't allowed until I was 16 and i was in 11th grade at 16 so I understand your pain

fabulous_doller24 01-29-2011 06:26 PM

I started wearing a little makeup at 6 (lipsmackers), but I use everything now. I like a little MAC makeup (ive only got a shadow and lipstick) but I adore Rimmel and Maybelline.

Miranda_ 02-07-2011 06:48 PM

Lancome and Maybelline are good ones, if expensive. I also like Boots 17 and Body Shop makeup; I just love the Body Shop all in one face base. :wink: I always use it; it's powder based so goes on easier than liquid foundation.

LancasterPrincess 02-07-2011 06:48 PM

I don't really stick to a specific brand? It's more of "Oooo, I'll take it!" sort of thing at stores, lol.

I like types of make-up though. Liquid foundations, extending mascaras, and those twisty eyeliners...you know, the ones that are retractable or w/e?

I do have more Mary Kay than anything though. Or at least I used to, but only because my MIL bought it for my wedding day.

No wait! I do have a favorite brand for mascara, but I don't know if they make it anymore? It's the extending one from L'Oreal...and I adore those multi-hued eyeshadows from Maybeline. I always love the smokey look, whether it's in pink, golden, or the traditional black hues. ^^

Miranda_ 02-07-2011 06:57 PM

Maybelline also do a gorgeous mascara that makes your lashes look really huge, and it doesn't clump either, which some mascaras do. I also have an electric blue Rimmel mascara which is really good; more of a summer thing, tho.

Aussiemum777 02-07-2011 08:25 PM

The more expensive the better if I could afford it that is which isn't the case so I tend to use a lot of products from Rimmel, Covergirl also do some great makeup for teens as they are inexpensive.

Miranda_ 02-08-2011 07:43 AM

Lancome Juicy Tubes are fantastic, tho; I allow myself that small luxury, cuz it's a lip gloss that lasts all day/night. Loads of cheap lip glosses just slide off your lips.