Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty & Fashion Cosmetics, makeover techniques, latest styles and fashion trends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Deidra (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default Trends We're Tired Of - 11-25-2010, 01:31 PM

What trends do y'all wish would stop recurring?

av credit: moonshinegrafix @LJ
**Formerly worldgirl**
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Online)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-25-2010, 03:14 PM

At present, capes. They look ugly and stupid, and are just not flattering to anyone. Also, Ugg boots. I still think they're awful; as well as the obvious design flaws, if you wore them in winter you'd end up with wet feet in seconds.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Deidra (Offline)
Shuni

Default 11-26-2010, 02:17 PM

Oh my goodness, I'll never understand the Ugg boot trend.O_o Especially wearing 'em with shorts...

**Formerly worldgirl**
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Online)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-26-2010, 02:29 PM

Ugh, wearing them with shorts looks so trashy. X_x

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 11-26-2010, 02:47 PM

I prefer suede boots like this. Not only are they nicer looking than Uggs, but they also actually keep you warm. However, wearing either type of shoe with shorts will look trashy. Sadly, I see this all the time here in Texas.

Miranda, do you mean capes like this? If so, I agree that they look entirely unflattering. Especially the example on the far right. They don't even look like they keep you warm at all!

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Deidra (Offline)
Shuni

Default 11-26-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlover642 View Post
I prefer suede boots like this. Not only are they nicer looking than Uggs, but they also actually keep you warm. However, wearing either type of shoe with shorts will look trashy. Sadly, I see this all the time here in Texas.

Miranda, do you mean capes like this? If so, I agree that they look entirely unflattering. Especially the example on the far right. They don't even look like they keep you warm at all!
I see that often here too in NC. It's getting colder but you wouldn't know looking at some folks. They wear sandals and miniskirts then have the audacity to tell me it's cold! SMH.

I honestly have a soft spot for capes..I guess 'cause it reminds me of the poncho trend in 7th grade(guilty of following that one).

But good grief those capes are ugly!

**Formerly worldgirl**
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Online)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-26-2010, 08:23 PM

Yeah; those kind of capes. They're just so ugly and pointless. O_o

(#8 (permalink))
Old
ColorPencil (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-27-2010, 09:14 AM

1. The "Scene" Style. Their hair is so gross and some of their outfits are skan.ky.
2. Uggs. They are getting old
3. When girls wear over sized sweatshirts over leggings plain. Ew. I've been to Claire's a few months ago and I saw a few teenage girls wearing it. 0_0
4. Nerd Glasses (like the ones you can get at Imax)

Joey Thunder is perrffff ♥
"I'm not angel, I'm just me, but I will love you endlessley." [endlessly, the cab]
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 11-27-2010, 11:53 AM

I've always been a fan of nerd glasses. They're basically the cheapest version of black Raybands.

I would rather just dye my hair a color or two not fry it like most of the "scene" girls do. It may look stylish to them but whenever it goes out of style they're going to be stuck with unhealthy fried hair.

Last edited by Catlover642 : 11-27-2010 at 09:55 PM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Online)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-27-2010, 03:30 PM

Not to mention the fact that repeatedly frying your hair is extremely bad for your hair and if you do it too often without giving your hair a rest you will end up with it breaking off and looking most unattractive.