Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Beauty & Fashion (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/beauty-fashion/)
-   -   Trends We're Tired Of (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/beauty-fashion/22710-trends-were-tired.html)

Deidra 11-25-2010 01:31 PM

Trends We're Tired Of

What trends do y'all wish would stop recurring?

Miranda_ 11-25-2010 03:14 PM

At present, capes. They look ugly and stupid, and are just not flattering to anyone. Also, Ugg boots. I still think they're awful; as well as the obvious design flaws, if you wore them in winter you'd end up with wet feet in seconds.

Deidra 11-26-2010 02:17 PM

Oh my goodness, I'll never understand the Ugg boot trend.O_o Especially wearing 'em with shorts...

Miranda_ 11-26-2010 02:29 PM

Ugh, wearing them with shorts looks so trashy. X_x

Catlover642 11-26-2010 02:47 PM

I prefer suede boots like this. Not only are they nicer looking than Uggs, but they also actually keep you warm. However, wearing either type of shoe with shorts will look trashy. Sadly, I see this all the time here in Texas. :roll:

Miranda, do you mean capes like this? If so, I agree that they look entirely unflattering. Especially the example on the far right. They don't even look like they keep you warm at all!

Deidra 11-26-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catlover642 (Post 930238)
I prefer suede boots like this. Not only are they nicer looking than Uggs, but they also actually keep you warm. However, wearing either type of shoe with shorts will look trashy. Sadly, I see this all the time here in Texas. :roll:

Miranda, do you mean capes like this? If so, I agree that they look entirely unflattering. Especially the example on the far right. They don't even look like they keep you warm at all!

I see that often here too in NC. It's getting colder but you wouldn't know looking at some folks. They wear sandals and miniskirts then have the audacity to tell me it's cold! SMH.:-|

I honestly have a soft spot for capes..I guess 'cause it reminds me of the poncho trend in 7th grade(guilty of following that one:lol:).

But good grief those capes are ugly!:eek:

Miranda_ 11-26-2010 08:23 PM

Yeah; those kind of capes. They're just so ugly and pointless. O_o

ColorPencil 11-27-2010 09:14 AM

1. The "Scene" Style. Their hair is so gross and some of their outfits are skan.ky.
2. Uggs. They are getting old
3. When girls wear over sized sweatshirts over leggings plain. Ew. I've been to Claire's a few months ago and I saw a few teenage girls wearing it. 0_0
4. Nerd Glasses (like the ones you can get at Imax)

Catlover642 11-27-2010 11:53 AM

I've always been a fan of nerd glasses. :lol: They're basically the cheapest version of black Raybands.

I would rather just dye my hair a color or two not fry it like most of the "scene" girls do. It may look stylish to them but whenever it goes out of style they're going to be stuck with unhealthy fried hair.

Miranda_ 11-27-2010 03:30 PM

Not to mention the fact that repeatedly frying your hair is extremely bad for your hair and if you do it too often without giving your hair a rest you will end up with it breaking off and looking most unattractive.