Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty & Fashion Cosmetics, makeover techniques, latest styles and fashion trends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
xEmoSweetheartx

Post Do looks really matter that much?? - 02-09-2008, 01:52 AM

Let's face it: we are always fault-finding in our looks. Is it because we always strive for super perfection? Humans tend to want to improve, to make perfect which leads to fault finding.

Whoever you are, just accept who you are. Accept your size, your hieght, the way your hair goes when you wake up in the morning, the way your face is. Because whne you lead into fault finding, you end up missing out on the fun because you were worrying about how you look.

Why should we care? I mean, they're just other people, so who cares what they think? We should accept ourselves and be happy with who we are.

But, some girls like to make themselves look fancy and stand out, and I'm no exception.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 08-21-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 26 Votes / 3.54 Average
Default 02-09-2008, 01:03 PM

People who enhance their looks daily to make themselves look better are in desperate need of self confidence. I am sad to say I am one of those people, however. I straighten my hair, I got clear braces so my smile would still be white, and not metal-filled, I use makeup, possibly too much sometimes, even though my mother insists on me keeping it as natural as possible.

But the reason I do this is because I don't like the way I look. And it takes too much time. If I want to straighten my hair, it takes an hour and a half, not counting a shower. Getting dressed is hard seeing as depending on my mood, I find some fault in it.

But I'm also sick of feeling like an outcast. Last year, I was tormented for having "brand-name-less" clothing that "appeared to be from Goodwill" when it was just what I found at the mall that was comfortable. And let's not even start about my hair. And I found that once I got some more fitting clothes and started straighting my hair, people seemed to accept me more, and I found myself fitting in more.

So there are pros and cons to fault-finding. Because if you are 100% happy with the way you look, even if you look like a total goddess without even trying, today's world is going to look down on you...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 03-04-2008, 07:38 PM

In the long run no looks never matter in the big picture of things but it seems that we obviously are still human and pre judge everyone bases on their looks so presentation of your looks matter

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Doctorwho_gal (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 03-06-2008, 08:24 AM

Sadly how we look does matter. It shouldn't , but it does.

There is a theory which states that if ever
anybody discovers exactly what the Universe
is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something
even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

- Douglas Adams
(#5 (permalink))
Old
honeybunny5 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-12-2008, 09:42 PM

I dont really care...but i still need to be clean...I dont need to impress anyone..lol;]^^

Creditzz:
Avvie: Me

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 04-12-2008, 09:49 PM

They say you want what you can't have,or don't have. And that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.Looks can matter,but i wouldn't obsess over it.Still,i wouldn't want to look grungy or anything.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
KatrinaK (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Default 07-20-2008, 11:52 AM

I don't think looks matter as much as how one presents oneself - if one takes the time to look presentable, one will gain more respect no matter how good-looking.

The way one carries oneself, and presents oneself to others, is as important as looks.

Then again, some people do base everything on actual physical features - but are those the people whom anyone wants to gain the respect of?

Je Suis Katrina is finally up - please visit!

TWO New contests @ JSK!

av base
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-20-2008, 12:26 PM

Exactly. To my mind, style is better than fashion. You could be dressed in top to toe fashion and still look awful; just as you will if you try and squash yourself into clothes that don't fit, or wear clashing patterns.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-20-2008, 01:41 PM

I don't care to much about how I look, but sometimes other girls at my school make fun of how I don't wear any makeup, or I don't have any accesories. It gets to me, but I let that go and keep up with my own style.

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Smile 11-15-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
Exactly. To my mind, style is better than fashion. You could be dressed in top to toe fashion and still look awful; just as you will if you try and squash yourself into clothes that don't fit, or wear clashing patterns.
I agree, it's not what you wear that matters, it's how you wear it.