Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Beauty & Fashion (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/beauty-fashion/)
-   -   Do looks really matter that much?? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/beauty-fashion/17708-do-looks-really-matter-much.html)

xEmoSweetheartx 02-09-2008 01:52 AM

Do looks really matter that much??

Let's face it: we are always fault-finding in our looks. Is it because we always strive for super perfection? Humans tend to want to improve, to make perfect which leads to fault finding.

Whoever you are, just accept who you are. Accept your size, your hieght, the way your hair goes when you wake up in the morning, the way your face is. Because whne you lead into fault finding, you end up missing out on the fun because you were worrying about how you look.

Why should we care? I mean, they're just other people, so who cares what they think? We should accept ourselves and be happy with who we are.

But, some girls like to make themselves look fancy and stand out, and I'm no exception.

xJESSiCA 02-09-2008 01:03 PM

People who enhance their looks daily to make themselves look better are in desperate need of self confidence. I am sad to say I am one of those people, however. I straighten my hair, I got clear braces so my smile would still be white, and not metal-filled, I use makeup, possibly too much sometimes, even though my mother insists on me keeping it as natural as possible.

But the reason I do this is because I don't like the way I look. And it takes too much time. If I want to straighten my hair, it takes an hour and a half, not counting a shower. Getting dressed is hard seeing as depending on my mood, I find some fault in it.

But I'm also sick of feeling like an outcast. Last year, I was tormented for having "brand-name-less" clothing that "appeared to be from Goodwill" when it was just what I found at the mall that was comfortable. And let's not even start about my hair. And I found that once I got some more fitting clothes and started straighting my hair, people seemed to accept me more, and I found myself fitting in more.

So there are pros and cons to fault-finding. Because if you are 100% happy with the way you look, even if you look like a total goddess without even trying, today's world is going to look down on you...

delly1 03-04-2008 07:38 PM

In the long run no looks never matter in the big picture of things but it seems that we obviously are still human and pre judge everyone bases on their looks so presentation of your looks matter

Doctorwho_gal 03-06-2008 08:24 AM

Sadly how we look does matter. It shouldn't , but it does.

honeybunny5 04-12-2008 09:42 PM

I dont really care...but i still need to be clean...I dont need to impress anyone..lol;]^^

Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX 04-12-2008 09:49 PM

They say you want what you can't have,or don't have. And that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.Looks can matter,but i wouldn't obsess over it.Still,i wouldn't want to look grungy or anything.;-)

Hahie49 04-24-2008 07:54 PM

It is always personal preference when it comes to style, but tonnes of people get there first impression from the way you look, because they don't know enough about you yet to say anything. SO, I always try and look presentable

princess_fuzz 04-26-2008 05:37 PM

Thats easier said than done. I wish I could be happy with the way I look, but I'm not, and contrary to popular belief, I do care what other people think. I'm not strong-willed enough not to.

XxKinTsuchixX 05-01-2008 07:58 PM

In my opinion, when I get clothes and my mom doesn't like some, I say that you're the one wearing the clothes and not the person that doesn't like them. One day I overheard these girls talking behind one of my friend's backs saying "who wears a skirt in the winter?" It was long, too. Now, these girls wear flipflops and shorts in the winter, but we don't say anything about them.

LesFex 07-04-2008 02:23 AM

For me looks really doesn't matter, what matters is keeping a strong body language.. what matters more is the way you present yourself including your behavior and the way you talk.