Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty & Fashion Cosmetics, makeover techniques, latest styles and fashion trends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 06-01-2010, 07:34 PM

Sometimes I think that people mistake style for laziness. This is NOT the cause in Miranda's examples though, thats just gross and disgusting. At home whenever I'm done from a late night shower, I usually just slip in to pj's. Hell, I am now. But I never where them in public. You look like a slob most of the time, and it shows complete laziness.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-02-2010, 07:24 AM

Plus, I did say that the store in question is NOT a 24/7 store. It has normal daytime opening hours, so it wouldn't be too much for people to get their clothes on before going there.

And yeah, wearing stained, saggy jammies is just disgusting. -.- The saddest thing of all, was that this guy was quite young. He wasn't some dirty old man; he was younger than me.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#43 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 06-02-2010, 07:58 AM

Probably a lazy, hung-over college student.

I'll admit, fashion-wise, I'm pretty lazy if i'm going to go to the grocery store or school (baggy tee and sweatpants), but at least I'm all clean, and the clothes are too. I don't look my best, but if I'm not doing anything much that day, then it's not comfort.

As for high school, I don't feel the need to impres anyone there. -.- All the good boys are taken or actuallly waiting until they're older, and the rest are either abusive, slobby, stupid (I'm not talking handicapped, just obnoxious idiots), or psycho in some manner or another.

(#44 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-02-2010, 08:03 AM

Yeah; no-one's saying you have to look like a fashion model every single day, everywhere you go. But you can, at the very least, wear clean daywear. As well as wash your face and brush your hair.

(#45 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 06-02-2010, 08:17 AM

That is mandatory for me; if I'm gonna dres comfortably, then I at least want to be clean.
And fashion models are too skiny, anwyays. -.- They don't have legs, they have walking-sticks.

(#46 (permalink))
Old
samgoesBAM_

Default 06-16-2010, 02:17 AM

looks most the time for myself dont matter, i mean i could just throw on a pair of shorts with a plain tshirt ,i dont really care as long as im dressed, when it comes to makeup, i only wear a little eyeliner and mascara. i do straighten my hair ,but atm im not going to. i do feel self concious once in awhile... but i endure what i have and so on.
(#47 (permalink))
Old
jellydino (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 1 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 06-16-2010, 05:14 AM

Because I have various physical abnormalities, I feel like NO ONE will ever like me. I have low self esteem, I feel worthless and ugly, my body anyway... I know, it's ridiculous to think like this, but everyone wants flat abdomens, sex and breats it seems with everything in the media. I wish someone would love me for me. I don't want to end up a lonely person. I'm weird, I've never had a boyfriend or been asked out. Ugh. There's some really tarty looking girls and they've had MILLIONS of bfs, they have ugly personalities though.
Someone help me here! What should I do to somehow drag my confidence up? I always make sure my hair and makeup is done. I feel my head is the only positive part of me. I don't want to come across as a showoff though. Any ideas?

I, make dollz.

Last edited by jellydino : 06-16-2010 at 05:16 AM.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-21-2010, 09:34 PM

This is what goes on in many girl's mind, and, yes, I admit, mine too:
"Wanna be pretty. Just like everyone else."
Subconscious - Oh, wait, if you're pretty just like everyone else, then you're plain, aren't you?
"So I wanna be prettier than everyone else."

And then I end up spending forever trying to look prettier, but in the end, at night, it all gets washed off anyway.
So whatever. Who cares.