Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty & Fashion Cosmetics, makeover techniques, latest styles and fashion trends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-31-2010, 05:03 PM

I don't agree with people treating others differently cuz of not being pretty, or being overweight, but there are ways of helping yourself if you're overweight. If you wear a flowing shirt over a pair of well fitting jeans, you will look a hell of a lot better than if you squeeze yourself into a pair of tight, low slung jeans and a short top. If you do this, rather than making the best of what you've got (for example, let's say your best feature is your legs; you could wear a skirt to show them off), then you can't really blame someone for snickering at your muffin top or fat rolls on display.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 05-31-2010, 05:49 PM

Nope. You can't.

And I hate to say it, but most over-weight people just make excuses. They don't HAVE to be over weight. They could easily work out and diet if they really wanted to.
It just takes commitment and will power.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 05-31-2010, 05:57 PM

I'm probably going to sound snippy saying this, but it is not that easy. Commitment? I've got it. Willpower? Yes. But I'm not getting a result at all. Maybe marginally, but not enough to convince people that I'm doing what I need to do.

Not all overweight people are overweight as a result of their own faults. My mother for example has had a huge fight with her weight because of her thyroid being messed up; in order to not gain any weight (because the medication she's on for it messed up her metabolism even worse) she can't eat the usual 3 times a day like most people do and she's a bit miserable as a result.

Really, accusing overweight people that they're not trying to lose weight is rude. I mean, yes, there are some who will not do a thing about it but whine about it anyway, but that is a gross generalization. :\

EDIT: And yes, I know you said 'most' overweight people. That is still a gross generalization.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Shuni

Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 05-31-2010, 06:49 PM

No. Losing weight is not easy. It takes ten times the amount to get rid of it, than to gain it. But it can be done. All you have to do is learn how to control your diet and work out.

and I hate to say it, but it IS most over weight people. I'd say about 8/10ths of the over weight people I know are just over weight because they eat to much and don't get enough exercise.

No ones body is built the same, so I'm not saying that they can look like a super model at the end, but they don't have to be overweight for the most part.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

(#35 (permalink))
Old
jellydino (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 1 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 06-01-2010, 02:28 AM

Some people are overweight due to various circumstances like slow metabolism or a medical condition and it is HARD or and is not ANYONE'S fault. People should never label others as "overweight" it's RUDE! Don't call them "overweight" people...they are just PEOPLE. Okay? gosh.

I, make dollz.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Shuni

Default 06-01-2010, 01:54 PM

Everyone labels everyone. That's a fact of life you're going to have to get over.

If you witness a crime, and the person that committed the crime was a skinny white caucasian male, you're not going to say "He was just a person!"

It is NOT rude to label someone. It's human nature. We all label people in our mind. Without labels we would be nothing. Because if we didn't label people no one would have red hair or blond hair. No one would be tall or short.

Overweight is what they are. It's a medical term. I'm not saying it in a rude way, I'm not saying "THOSE F@TAZZES NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT!!!!!"

(#37 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 06-01-2010, 03:03 PM

The way you are saying it, makes it sound rude so please could you not? In any case, this topic isn't about overweight people, and it's in danger of veering off topic. This is a warning to everyone to quit this train of thought and get back on topic, okay?

A store round my way recently put a ban on people coming in to shop in night attire. Would anyone here think of doing that? O_o To my mind, wearing your jammies while out shopping (and bear in mind, that this store is NOT a 24/7 store, but one with regular day time hours) just makes you look like a lazy slob. It doesn't take much effort to haul yourself out of bed and put on some clothes. And of course, wearing dirty or sagging pyjamas with no underwear just looks disgusting. X_x

(#38 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 06-01-2010, 03:12 PM

The only excuse I can see is if it's an emergency. For example, say somebody was sleepwalking, or getting a midnight munchie, and cut themselves bad but not badly enough to go to the hospital and they're out of bandaids?

.. Though, then the concern would be the blood everywhere I think.

Hm.

The creepers at Wal-Mart always wander around in their jammies. It's revolting. I mean, yes, sometimes the pajamas are cute, but they're not appropriate. People act like going to Walmart is no big deal; point is, darlings, you're out in public. You want your crack-stained pajamas ending up on websites like People of Walmart? Then dress at least remotely properly. Sheesh.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 06-01-2010, 03:19 PM

In my local petrol station, I once was queueing to pay for petrol when I saw this guy wearing a pair of stained, saggy pyjama bottoms. No-one wants to see that.

(#40 (permalink))
Old
Shuni

Default 06-01-2010, 07:14 PM

Sometimes I go in PJ bottoms and a t-shirt, I see no problem with it. Though I usually go to WalMart around 3 in the morning, so who's there to witness it? Lol.