Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty & Fashion Cosmetics, makeover techniques, latest styles and fashion trends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
awesomeistic (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 1 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 05-14-2009, 06:40 AM

i care about how i look too much. i have even cried about how ugly i think i am. i feel as if i have be perfect-looking in order to be liked.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
iRikaz (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-26-2009, 11:30 PM

I agree that looks shoulnt matter. The way I look myself matters to me
a lot though, (even though I dont look that great) I try to look as
best as I can because it makes me more comfortable, If I dont go out
with my hair straightened or makeup on It makes me feel messy.
But when it comes to boyfriends are there looks I dont really care as
long as there attitude is good it doesnt really matter.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
C4FF31N4T3D

Default 10-09-2009, 09:52 PM

Hmm, I agree with what most of you said. Although they shouldn't, looks do matter, so why do we all care? I have no idea.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
xXlaura_annXx

Default 10-09-2009, 10:19 PM

i dont rly care if ppl dont like the way i dress or how i look as long as im happy with my looks i think thts all tht rly matters
(#25 (permalink))
Old
jellydino (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 1 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 05-29-2010, 06:36 PM

Yes, but it shouldn't. I don't believe it does.
This is coming from a person with a significant defect
so I have insight into this. I believe people need to be less judgemental over one's or another's looks. It's plain rude. I could do without some old lady giving me dirty looks everyday.

I, make dollz.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 05-29-2010, 10:52 PM

First let me say that I do not agree with the people that said, "I don't need to impress anyone..."
You'll find that as you get older, and start getting jobs, looks really DO matter. If you become a waitress, and you wear clothes that are comfortable and don't put make up on, you'll make a LOT less tips than if you would have put makeup on.

You only get to make a first impression once, and I'd rather not look like crap.

And humans aren't going to stop judging. It's human nature. EVERYONE judges.
Every. Single. One of you.

Just because I take pride in my appearance does not mean that I have low self esteem. I would say that I hold my head up higher when I know I look good.

I would say that personal appearance is very important to me. Lol. I strive to be the best looking girl in the room.
And...it may seem shallow, but I would NEVER date an ugly guy.
I want someone I'm attracted to. Physical attraction is one of the main things you have in the beginning of the relationship. Without it...what's the point?

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

(#27 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-30-2010, 07:35 AM

The fact is, for a lot of people, prospective employers included, first impression counts for a lot. If you are going to a job interview, you will get on much better if you dress smartly, brush your hair and put on a little makeup; than if you roll up in ripped jeans, dirty hair and no makeup, or too much.

If I'm just going to spend the day slobbing round my flat, or going food shopping, I'll be in comfy trousers and no makeup. If I'm going out, or going fun shopping, I'll make an effort to dress nicely and put makeup on. Cuz I like to look good.

(#28 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 05-30-2010, 09:39 PM

Well yeah, but that's looking respectable and dressing to fit an occassion.

I get mad when people judge somebody who is, say, overweight and can't help it, like my friend Nicole, who has an underactive thyroid that causes a rediculously slow metabolism. Or say, myself, because I can't tan and I have flabby arms and a short neck; that's the sort of stuff people should get over and what you can't really help having. You can try to make some of it better, lieke I've started to work my arm muscles, but otherr things, like my lack of a tan, the and the fact that my neck is far too short for conventional beauty, shouldn't matter so much.

But it does, to some people. I avoid those people if I can; they're not worth my time, if they're just gonn judge me because i'm not a beach blonde, nor any other stereotyped beauty.

(#29 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 05-31-2010, 02:54 PM

I agree that people shouldn't treat you differently because of how you look and what you can't help.

But, as I've said before...you can't expect someone to start out dating you just because you're a good person. Sexual attraction is one of the main factors when you first start dating.
You can't really call someone shallow for that.

If a guy/girl doesn't like the way you look, and doesn't want to date you because of it, it's not their fault. And I don't think you have any right to call them a bad person.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

(#30 (permalink))
Old
ColorPencil (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-31-2010, 04:31 PM

I personally don't care, but I agree with a lot of you. You should look nice and presentable if it was a job interview, or a nice party. I wouldn't go in Abercrombie Butt Shorts *cough* (I call those shorts "Butt Shorts" because they're all sl*tty) and a tank top to an interview, or just jeans and a t-shirt to a party.

I admit, I have a lot of nice clothes. But I never wear them besides my blazers. My teachers didn't really like them. O_O

I feel insecure sometimes, like when my stomach sticks out a little, or I have a lot of pimples on my face even though I washed my face, and that I have bigger b**bs then other girls my age. I personally don't like designer clothing- I love Target clothes and all that jazz (I actually got a cute suit a few days ago from there). My sister always has to look perfect: she gets frustrated when her bangs aren't straight, has to put the right amount of makeup on, and calls her self fat all the time.

Joey Thunder is perrffff ♥
"I'm not angel, I'm just me, but I will love you endlessley." [endlessly, the cab]