Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty & Fashion Cosmetics, makeover techniques, latest styles and fashion trends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-04-2008, 07:19 AM

My mom's always hated some of the clothes I have, but I still wear them anyway. I had this awesome skirt I could wear year round, and what did she do with it? She tossed it in the garbage because 'it made you (me) look even more overweight.' It did NOT.

But yeah. I've got problems with my appearance, mostly with being overweight, but otherwise I don't care. Sometimes I'll wear makeup just for the heck of it.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
KatrinaK (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: Not Rated
Default 07-20-2008, 11:52 AM

I don't think looks matter as much as how one presents oneself - if one takes the time to look presentable, one will gain more respect no matter how good-looking.

The way one carries oneself, and presents oneself to others, is as important as looks.

Then again, some people do base everything on actual physical features - but are those the people whom anyone wants to gain the respect of?

Je Suis Katrina is finally up - please visit!

TWO New contests @ JSK!

av base
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-20-2008, 12:26 PM

Exactly. To my mind, style is better than fashion. You could be dressed in top to toe fashion and still look awful; just as you will if you try and squash yourself into clothes that don't fit, or wear clashing patterns.

(#14 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-20-2008, 01:41 PM

I don't care to much about how I look, but sometimes other girls at my school make fun of how I don't wear any makeup, or I don't have any accesories. It gets to me, but I let that go and keep up with my own style.

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 10-03-2008, 06:00 PM

I agree. I mean looks don't really matter but at some degree it does. Like when your getting a job interview, would you like to present yourself like a totally slob? Washing up is important, but makeup and trends really aren't.
-Cat

(#16 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Smile 11-15-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
Exactly. To my mind, style is better than fashion. You could be dressed in top to toe fashion and still look awful; just as you will if you try and squash yourself into clothes that don't fit, or wear clashing patterns.
I agree, it's not what you wear that matters, it's how you wear it.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
LesFex1

Default 12-02-2008, 04:43 AM

In a word, yes, looks do matter. Obviously, looks aren't everything though. There are a lot of good looking people I don't find attractive, if that makes sense.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 12-02-2008, 12:27 PM

Meh, If I had two ladies, one beautiful and stupid, and one rather ugly but brainy and actually LIKED me, rather than wanting me as an endorsement, I'd grab smarty around the waist and stroll off to the cinema.

So, yeah. That's a boys opinion. :/

But I will point out I'd prolly go for the most good looking IF there weren't any innerly nice girls around. :S

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 12-02-2008, 06:50 PM

As a joke note here to any guys reading this thread:

Sometimes you gotta actually dig around (as in get to know somebody) to find a nice girl. Yeah, sometimes that girl you get to know really well is actually a total cow under the nice facade she's thrown up around herself, but I also know some girls who, when around said type of friends, are complete cows, but when they're away from said friends, they're actually incredibly sweet and fun to hang out with. ^__^

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#20 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 12-02-2008, 09:51 PM

I am actually quite terrible with that whole looks thing. Look matter to me... My looks, the ideal boyfriend look, everything. I'm a wee bit on the shallow side sometimes. I'm arrogant, and self-conscious at the same time. Sometimes I'll look in the mirror and I'll love my body, other times I'll want to change things.

Looks in guys matter because that's naturally what people that don't know someone see first. It's the sad truth. If you look across the street and see a person walking along, you can't really see their personality because you don't know them. However, other things matter too. I usually fall for the cute and funny class clown type. Not exactly smart, but makes me smile and laugh. That's usually my guy.