Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty & Fashion Cosmetics, makeover techniques, latest styles and fashion trends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
BonnieGirl (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 4 Votes / 5.00 Average
Question Colored Contacts... - 09-25-2007, 04:59 PM

I'm gonna go to my eye doctor tomorrow to get new contacts and I was just wondering about colored contacts. From the people who I've see who wear contacts it looks pretty tacky. I mean you can really tell it's not their natural eye colors.

I know this girl who has dark skin and she wore kinda brownish-olive colored contacts and I thought they looked great. (I'm not getting anything like that).

I was just wondering what kind of colors would look more natural. My eyes are brown. (I know for sure that blue won't look good on me.) I'm not planning to get them any time soon but I still want to know for further reference C;

(I'm sure the brand also has something to do with how it looks)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
chelsea_welsea_1 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 09-25-2007, 08:05 PM

i dont think they look tacky cause people can pretty much tell if your waring contacts let alone if your eyes change color. lol. and ya i love green and it goes with brown and i love green eyes cause not not verry many people ahve them ya you should go with a dark green that'd be hot...just kidding lol
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 09-25-2007, 08:14 PM

Blue wouldn't be horrible. My brother has brown hair and blue eyes and I just want to steal his eyes so much [but that might hurt him XD]. But it sorta depends what kind of blue. My friend [well, my friend's friend] got these REALLY blue coloured contacts, and it just looks weird... Ew. She has dyed red hair..

Green, though... That would be cool. I have naturally yellow/blue/brown/green eyes. Yeah. All at once. There are flecks of those coloured, but the base is yellow and looks blue in certain light. I get coloured contacts sometimes because my eye colour is so weird.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 10-20-2007, 10:01 PM

I think a darker green would look best, and I have blue eyes with dark brown hair and I look fine....but your right some people who wear coloure contacts that are blue just dont look right. Seriously dont try and go for your favorite colour pick a colour that looks good....not a colour that makes you look like a clown

(#5 (permalink))
Old
beware_toxic_baby_gurl (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 1 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 11-13-2007, 04:27 PM

If you wear bright green, you may look tacky.It will be obvious.
Maybe a darker Grey-Aqua or Grey always looks good on Brunettes so something with a tinge of grey.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 11-13-2007, 09:37 PM

well not all greens look bad on darker haired people my cousin who had a really dark brown hair got like seven-up bottle green and she looked really good in them

(#7 (permalink))
Old
xPapercut (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 11-14-2007, 10:49 AM

I would agree with all of you. Green, but not bright.
And just wondering, can you get purple coloured contacts?

sugar_snow_fairy with a new account since my old one was deleted. Please add me again if you're my friend. =]
(#8 (permalink))
Old
lross (Offline)
Professional

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-09-2008, 10:25 PM

I have dark hair and blue eyes naturally, and I think it looks fine, but as far as contacts go, you can try different colours where you buy them I know here u can anyway...... just stick to something that looks more natural not too bright in any colour
(#9 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 01-14-2008, 10:24 PM

honestly I have contacts stick to the ones with no color if you especially need perscription contacts if you do I think you should get a darker green ones

(#10 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 01-16-2008, 06:34 AM

I say an olive green. If you want to follwo through with blue, realy dark blue. A grey might be okay. Since you don't want to look unnatural, I'm not suggesing unnatural colors. But I still say olive green.

It would really help for you to post a picture of yourself, or find a picture of someone with the same iris shade as you, so we could try to determine a more precise shade for your eyes.