Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Beauty & Fashion Cosmetics, makeover techniques, latest styles and fashion trends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
fireblade06

Default 06-15-2007, 04:33 PM

Girls should wear things flattering to their bodies and girls pretty much always look better with makeup, unless you are doing it wrong. I used to be anti-makeup and dress like a boy and stuff... but I saw the light. I don't have great fashion sense, though. haha

Last edited by Miranda_ : 12-31-2007 at 08:04 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-15-2007, 04:37 PM

Some makeup is good, as long as you don't overdo it and look like a clown. O.o

Last edited by Miranda_ : 12-31-2007 at 08:05 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
yourlucky13_x (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 2 Votes / 3.50 Average
Default 06-15-2007, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
Some makeup is good, as long as you don't overdo it and look like a clown. O.o
Look like a clown.... LMFAO!!

And So The Lion Fell In Love With The Lamb<3
Yeah, i'm one of them now<3

Last edited by Miranda_ : 12-31-2007 at 08:05 AM.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
lizardlover100 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 1 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 07-12-2007, 11:59 AM

i think that appearance is important, but you will really get nowhere if you don't talk to him. just talk to him instead of trying to catch his eye. you might find out that he's a jerk and not worth your time, or he could be great! i don't know, but with my boyfriend, i met him at a track meet(i was the manager) and i had an enormous track tee and jeans and i looked terrible cuz it was hot outside and all my makeup had faded off by then and my hair was messed up, but he started talking to me (i dunno i guess i am just too beautiful for makeup. lol jk.) and we really hit it off. just talk.

"When you say Sirius, do you mean
Stubby Boardman?"
(#15 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 07-14-2007, 10:26 PM

What sort of guy is he? Different guys have different ideas as far as a woman goes! Ie: That guy in the corner pretending to be emo isn't usually going to go for the flaunty-lookin' chick, the athletic guy isn't lookin for the girl with eccentric eyeliner, dark eyeshadow, and dark lips.

I don't like labels, but this DOES tend to be true. Dress so that you feel your attracting the type of guy you know you'll like! Every man has his standards, so try to figure his out, then lightly meet them, while still remaining yourself.

Actually, this is advice a friend gave me. I'm almost 16, and haven't even received a first kiss! WAAH! But I hope the advice she gave me will certainly help you! Go with you instincts, and have fun with it! If that cute guy doesn't like you for who you are, then it wouldn't work out, anyways!

(#16 (permalink))
Old
Danica_Shardae (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 3 Votes / 4.67 Average
Post 07-25-2007, 10:37 PM

I don't think you should have to get that made up just for a guy to notice you. Not every guy wants a dark skinned blonde chick wearin a mini skirt, halter, and high heels you can barely even stand in. You may think that you know a lot about what guys want, and you might be right, but I don't think you should have to go out of your way to change the way you look so drastically, that people might not even recognize who you are. Being in a relationship isn't about the way you look. It's about the way you feel about someone.

(But, yes, it is good to flirt.)

I dunno, but my bf is always like "OMFGWTFBBQ CUTE!" whenever I wear leggings.
You should probably try leggings =D And then maybe like a cute dress to go with it...something with ruffles...or if dresses aren't your thing, try a cute but modest skirt and a top with a flattering neckline. It shouldn't have to be overbearing and flashy.
No, you don't have to wear make-up to look cute.
In short, you should wear something that your figure looks good in.

Be confident =D

I'm still here, I just don't post AS OFTEN.

Check me out:
DeviantART
Tumblr

Last edited by Miranda_ : 05-15-2009 at 06:53 PM.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-26-2007, 03:38 PM

Plus, if you dress up like a pr0stitute and plaster your face in makeup, you might get a lot of male attention; but is it really the kind you want? They'll just assume you're easy, and treat you as such.

(#18 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 07-26-2007, 03:43 PM

Completely agree. Except, I wear makeup. Pink sparkly lipstick and eyeliner. Of course, that's what looks good on me. It's different for everyone. I never wear TOO much makeup, though.

Sunglasses are cute. And straight hair (sadly, I do not have naturally straight hair). When I wear sunglasses with straight hair, I get SO much attention. I don't even dress in anything special. Just a t-shirt and jeans, mostly. I'm more casual. I do wear skirts sometimes, though.

Just be confident and be yourself. Guys notice that.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 07-26-2007, 04:04 PM

Plus, I've gone to a party and had a 17 year old hit on me (this was during the time when I temporarily split from my boyf) so I guess I must be doing something right. XD I didn't want a relationship with said 17 year old; would have felt far too "Mrs Robinson". XD At the party, I was wearing a long black velvet skirt, and an off the shoulder wine and black gothic style top. Only flesh bared was my shoulders and lower arms, and my makeup was of the cat eye black eyeliner, red eyeshadow, black mascara and dark pink lipstick type.

(#20 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 07-26-2007, 04:11 PM

Yeah.... I find it weird when younger guys hit on me or something. It's sorta weird... I like guys who are either less then 4 years older, but not younger (same year's okay). Traditional, yes. Ah well. That's how I roll.

I had this party a few weeks back and my brother's friend hit on me. Ew. 12. Lol. Creepy... Then this 13 year old started flirting with me. That was cool. Hehehe. Because the kid left me alone. Thought he was my bf (which was the impression I was trying to give the kid.) It was funny.

Some guys like gothic-style stuff, some guys like preppy clothes, every guy is different, so you can't say "All guys like..." Just... be yourself. I can't figure out another way to word that so it doesn't sound cheesy...