Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Beauty & Fashion (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/beauty-fashion/)
-   -   Does your boyfriend influence what you wear? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/beauty-fashion/10777-does-your-boyfriend-influence-what-you-wear.html)

sarika2004 08-19-2006 04:12 PM

Does your boyfriend influence what you wear?

I don't think you should let them influence your clothing choices. Every once and a while you can wear something they like, but not all the time. It's your choice, and if he can't stand to see you in something else, you should move on.

NotYourPrincess 08-19-2007 11:01 PM

I think it's fine every once in a while.

But you shouldn't change you're WHOLE life style for a guy.

Miranda_ 08-20-2007 06:17 AM

Not in the slightest. I wear what I like, luckily that's also what my boyf likes.

Orinocco_Flow 08-29-2007 04:45 PM

You Should Never Let Your Boyfriend Influence Your Clothing Choices.
You Should Wear What You Want.

LilMizZC3rTify3d 09-15-2007 01:41 PM

As everyone said don't let a guy influence what you wear

I understand if you wan to wear something he likes once in a while but not all the time

TheHayleyDoll 09-15-2007 01:50 PM

If your BF tries to control how you look, it's obvious he cares more about your looks then how comfortable you are and what you like.

Sure, I try to wear what my BF likes me in on special occasions, but, for example, I don't suddenly only wear sl.utty/gothic/girly clothes because he likes them. I wear what I like most of the time. Which happens to be whatever I have in my closet at that time - whether it be a skirt and a tube top, or jeans and a sweater.

princess3451 12-23-2007 07:20 PM

Don't let him influence whta you wear because most boys don't really care about what you wear. Wear whatever you want because it is your choice what toi wear not his.

Kiani 12-23-2007 10:20 PM

My ex boyfriend did, and to be honest, I didnt even notice it until after we broke up. He was into jeans and trainers and sports tops, and I own a few of those things, but I hardly wear them, only for lounging around the house. He'd comment on how he'd like something I own, then id think "Oh, i'll wear these because he likes them" then he'd comment on something else and id wear it more often, then I bought something similar, then he'd comment on it and a few weeks down the track and I didnt look like me anymore. Then when we broke up, a few days later I was going through the photos on my friends computer, looking for which ones I wanted to burn onto disk for me, there were about 6 months worth that I hadnt seen and it almost seemed like a progression of my clothing since I had been with this guy and I was sitting there thinking "Woah, I didnt realise I changed so much"

But im back to me now, so its all good.

x_____x 12-29-2007 01:11 PM

I hate those guys who do that, no offence to anyone who likes them...
But a true boyfriend should like you for who you are, and not for what you wear.
I have this friend... well, EX-friend, she always changed her personality and style when a cute boy came along. It was annoying, and yet, it's a great way to lose friends; if you catch my drift.
One day she would wear this whole girly outfit, the next, a whole gothic emo thing comes to school. To this day, I feel like I still don't know who she really was.

Rainshadow_of_Hazelclan 12-30-2007 05:55 PM

PLEASE people, don't let them do that. I hate guys who do that, and I'd dump him right away if he tried to influence the way I dress. Well, once and a while wearing something he likes is okay, but don't do it all the time. I don't suffer that problem, seeing as how I'm currently single.