Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Animation Shop (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/animation-shop/)
-   -   Which animator is better.... (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/animation-shop/18731-animator-better.html)

Lolo27 05-30-2008 08:49 AM

Which animator is better....

I have done a bit of animating in adobe photoshop and i think it is quite good for animating but i was thinking of downloading animation shop 3 because it is specifically for animating....what do you think?
This is an example of what i did in adobe photoshop --
(ignore the half transparent :razz: )
It is very bad so i was wondering if animation shop was better?

LancasterPrincess 05-30-2008 07:13 PM

I think you just need a little more practice with Photoshop, because I have it too and I was able to fix the non-transparent part for you.

I wouldn't know for sure though, since PhotoShop is all that I've had...

Lolo27 05-31-2008 06:59 AM

Ok thanks!

x_____x 05-31-2008 12:42 PM

I don't use either because in my opinion, they are both very confusing.
I use Iaza (iaza: Free Online Image Conversion - Simple & Easy Converter (Images, Graphics, Avatars, Anime ...))

On Iaza, just load your image.
To make it transparent, look under the last column, that says "Create", and under the first category, "Transform", click where it says "Transparent".
Note: To make it transparent, you must fill the background behind the doll with a color that isn't within any of the props, like lime green or hot pink.
Then, click on that unusual color and click transparent.
And, viola! Your background is transparent. =)

To animate a doll, you have to make frames. You can make them in MS Paint or whichever program you wish to use.
Look under the third column, that is also called "Create" and under the category "Combine", click "Animate".
Upload all of your frames and select your Animation Speed and Animation Loop Count. Your Animation Loop count should usually be "Infinite".

Here are some screenshots:
1) Click where it says "Load Image"

2) Upload your image and click "Load"

3)

x_____x 05-31-2008 12:45 PM

4) Click on the unusual background and click "Convert"

5) Save your transparent picture, and start editing it and saving the new frames and uploading them to the animation page, then select your Animation Speed and Animation Loop Count

6) Click "Create Animation" and save your new doll. =)

Lolo27 05-31-2008 04:41 PM

Yeah i do use that a lot as well i tend to switch which one i use (wierd i know) and iaza is probably the easier

Thankyou everyone!

delly1 06-01-2008 09:53 AM

Jasc animation shop 3 is soo freaking easy Its much better than other programs I find

x_____x 06-01-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delly1 (Post 702418)
Jasc animation shop 3 is soo freaking easy Its much better than other programs I find

It is easy, but sometimes there are glitches that mess up all your hard work. So, that why I use Iaza now. :\

khenn 06-02-2008 10:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You should get Jasc Animation Shop 3 it's really easy and you do it in frames to i found a place where i could download it for free but I'm not super great at it yet but here is what u can do (thanks to XxPixie_Dust_DispenserxX) I just cant do hearts and stuff that well

TinkerBell1995 06-07-2008 04:46 PM

I have both photoshop and animation shop. I find animation shop 3 easier to use. Maybe it's because I have used it more. But I caught on real quick to animation shop, and I had to get lots of help with photoshop.