Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Animation Shop Questions, answeres and tutorials on Corel (Jasc) Animation Shop Pro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(#1 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Animation Shop 3 Tutorial by Christy - 06-10-2007, 04:03 PM

Right, so you want AS3?
There have been many people asking for tutorials or something of the sort.
First, I would like to make something clear.
jaderockshtml, christy_bestfan, x3_CH3RRY, and all of the sort are MY accounts.
I just move on once in a while, and since I do not have premium, I just make a new account rather than change my name.
Please do not get angry at me for this; I'm trying to stop this habit, but sometimes I simply don't like this screename anymore.
Arigato.
First, you'd like to know how to get AS3, correct?
I want you to download Paint Shop Pro 7.
Why? Because you get the benefits of using Animation Shop 3 AND Paint Shop Pro.
Animation Shop 3 comes WITH Paint Shop Pro.
That's not too bad, is it?
http://tracker.5star-network.com/dow...19860&siteId=1
Please do not ask me how to download Animation Shop 3. Remember that these are TRIALS, they are not the real version.
The real version is $30.00, I think...Go to Corel Corporation - Home of CorelDRAW, WordPerfect, Paint Shop Pro, Photo Album and Painter and buy it.
Arigato.
Right, well, I posted this in cheetah's thread already, but I'll post it here with a few changes. After all, it IS a tutorial.

Flashing colors:
Well, you probably know now about the frames, correct?
If not, here's a short tutorial on Animation Shop 3 frames.
[[haha, a tutorial inside a tutorial...]]
FRAMES ON AS3;;
In Animation Shop 3, you animate by using frames. It's like a movie; one frame leads to the next which leads to the next..they're all flipped together in a state similar to a cartoon. So how do you actually make the stuff animate is to make multiple frames that, flipped together, look like an animation. Now you understand how it works, or mostly.
FRAME COPYING AND PASTING;;
Well, next thing you'll be doing is copying and pasting into new frames, right? WRONG! The copying is the same, but the pasting is not... once you've copied the frame, (press Ctrl+C) then look up at the top. There will be 4 different paste buttons...But which one? Hover over them-one of them should say, "Paste as a new animation," "Paste before current," "Paste after current," and "Paste into current frame," or something similar. Click on "Paste before current," or "Paste after current." Otherwise, it won't work. Using the shortcut (Ctrl+V) will simply paste it as a new animation. OH!! So thats why it didn't work!! Well, now you know...;D
HOW TO FLASH:
This must be the easiest thing on Animation Shop 3 that you can do. (this is the least complicated way) Well, use the Copy and Paste method stated above, then use the filler tool. It looks like a bucket. Choose your color on the color wheel then color what you want to flash in. If you want to shade, go ahead, if not, then whatever.
[Use Paint Shop Pro if you want to shade easier...Look for tutorials online; this is an AS3 tutorial not a PSP7 tutorial] If you want it to flash more than twice, use the same method again on a new frame.
GLITTER:
YOU CAN'T, UNLESS YOU USE PREMIUM AND EDIT IT ON AS3, WHICH IS PRETTY OBVIOUS AND VERY DIFFICULT TO EXPLAIN (seeing as I do not have premium)
BLINK AND WINK:
Make 9 or 10 frames of the doll not blinking*, then edit the eyes (use the dropper tool to get the skin color) by coloring everything the skin color except for the last bottom line. Make that black. This works for preps and most dolls, 'cept bigger bases.

*Copy and paste the frames with the flashing colors 'till you get up to ABOUT 10. If you get exactly 10, then good. If not, oh well; corrupting the pattern is not a good idea.

Rigght, well, now I have a RENEWED AS3 TRIAL, I shall give you more explanations, mwahahaha.

OTHER EFFECTS;;
If you're too bored to flash or your requester asks that you "surprise" them, you can use the other effects. They're much easier, much more simple, and you don't have to do a lot.
Well, you should start out with only ONE frame. You can do more effects later, but right now you should only have one frame.
Go to "Effects > Insert Image Effect" at the top.
A box should appear. Click on the droplist.
Choose an effect. I myself like to use "Rotate Colors" the most, but it's really up to you.
Press "OK."
See, that was easy, wasn't it?
Remember that Rotate Colors doesn't work for black & white.
Neither transparent.
I hope this helped, and make sure that you have fun! ^0^
Some people want to turn white into a transparent opacity. Read this to find out how.
Alright, I'm going to add this.
This is going to be hard if you have a lot of white in your doll...I'm sorry about this, but it's the easiest way possible.
Okay, well, preferably before your animating is done [although it'll work afterwards too], click on "Animation" at the top.
Then, click on "Replace Color..."
Then, select "All Frames."
In the "Replace" section, click on "Old Color" if it's not already that. Tolerance should be "1".
Then, click on the box next to "Old Color" and select white. Make sure it's PURE white, or it won't work since you selected "1" as tolerance.
In the "With" section, click on "Transparent Opacity."
After that, fill in all of the spaces that were supposed to be white in your doll, because when you did this, it turned ALL of the white into a transparent opacity.
I'm sorry about how this works, but it's the easiest way, so that's why you should do it BEFORE you make your doll, to avoid having to fill in all the spaces in each frame after you're done with your doll.

Last edited by Elanorea : 08-18-2007 at 10:07 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!