View Single Post
(#60 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-01-2014, 02:10 PM

Aw, thanks! Haha at this point I don't really enter contests to win (though it is nice when I do end up winning), but to practice my dolling and challenge myself. I like to be as close to the theme as possible while still adding in my own flair.

I made this doll for Miranda's Fluttershy contest after getting into a fight with the background and frame I wanted to use (stupid things wouldn't fit with each other without cropping out basically the entire actual doll), so I went for a more "minimalist" approach and tried to compensate by adding in some simple blinking animation. Not crazy elaborate, but I like it for its simplicity. Plus, I really think I captured her character. It's not super obvious, but I did add a slight blush. She's even holding a little Angel bunny! And I managed to work in her cutie mark and the fact that she's a pegasus
Rachel, I tried to take your advice and add some more shading to her body this time, but I do not know if it really worked.
Makers used were styledollz, Options, and Purrrfection. (As usual )

EDIT: It's only been a couple days, so here is YET ANOTHER new doll!

Made for the Ice Skating contest. I considered adding snow, but decided it would make the doll too busy. It is supposed to look like she is spinning; I had to add in an extra delay frame because it went far too fast otherwise and ended up creating black streaks thanks to her elevated skate. I actually used a glitter tile for once; this one came from The_Contestants prop drop (I think) but I recolored it from pink to purple. I also re-shaded the face and exposed parts of the body; it is amazing how much that can tie a doll into itself; I really see what Rachel was talking about before. All of the items, save the frame, came from Styledollz's new Ice Skating prep maker; the frame is from Options.

Av/Sig set: Lovie

Last edited by belladoggy : 07-03-2014 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Adding in another doll
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!