(#349 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-12-2014, 03:31 PM

"Thanks for showing me exactly how to kill you!" *evil smirk*

Oh, me too, Miranda, me too. HISHE always makes good stuff.

I'm also re-reading the draft of Midnight Sun...pity she got so huffy about it that she quit. From her website: "If I tried to write Midnight Sun now, in my current frame of mind, James would probably win and all the Cullens would die, which wouldn't dovetail too well with the original story."

But what bugs me, is that I feel like for the first time, I'm actually, truly noticing how controlling and destructive the whole relationship is. Like, he saves her from a rapist in Port Angeles, but really, is he any better? No, he isn't, because he wants to "protect" her by not allowing her out of his sight. Like, abuse much? Like, aren't these ALL the red flags of something to totally avoid? He calls himself a monster, and he's right, but for the wrong reasons. He's not a monster due to his Meyerpiredom; he's a monster due to his controlling tendencies. Things like this passage:
Quote:
She didn't wait for me to open the door, just like last night. I had to feign normality here at school--so I couldn't move fast enough to prevent this--but she was just going to have to get used to being treated with more courtesy, and get used to it soon (Midnight Sun partial draft 4, pg. 222).
If he wasn't "gorgeous" (also also, the only thing they ever talk about each other is how they look/smell. Only physical things. And they say they love each other...but neither of them has any actual CHARACTER traits. When I think of the people I love, it's not their appearance that decides me. It's that I can talk easily with them, can joke with them, can have deep and serious discussions with them about practically anything, including religion and politics, and it's that when I'm going crazy, they listen to me and pull me back from the edge, they calm me down and make me laugh and show that they care about ME as a PERSON, not how I look. Granted, none of them have returned the feelings yet, but still), she would find his behavior appalling. She SHOULD find his behavior appalling.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!