View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 05-07-2014, 10:23 AM

Really? It used to be Kate Moss. I haven't seen it since then. But still, same thing I said because she's an English model with a natural gap tooth - which, by the way, is very high fashion.

I still don't see it as intentional. They sign English models. They don't give models a gap tooth, they already have one. The gap = high fashion "Vogue". 99 of 100 people probably don't read that far into that commercial. I never did.

Honestly, I think people are too sensitive nowadays. I think the more we point out those kinds of things, the more separatist we make ourselves as human beings. I'm not saying that discrimination is okay, but harmful advertisements or silly TV jokes? Embrace your culture. Yeah, us Canadians are a bunch of super-polite beer loving hockey fanatics that talk funny and live in igloos. Obviously stereotypical and untrue, but I don't see it as harmful.

Less with the advertisement and more with jokes... it's meant to be funny! Everyone should be able to laugh at themselves, and people who can't should loosen up a little. It's humour. I'm part Polish, do the "dumb Polish" jokes bother me? No, because I don't associate everyone from Poland as stupid. That's what you should teach your child. That those jokes are generalizations and not everyone is like that, but that everyone (and every culture) has their little quirks and it's healthy to laugh at them. =P

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 05-07-2014 at 10:34 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!